PDA

View Full Version : X, is it possible to get off while being targeted?

brownie
04-16-2017, 02:18 PM
If X is where someone is standing at any given time, then one can't move "OFF" the X. Where they are in time and space is constantly changing [ except when you root ] and thus X changes accordingly/

Unless X isn't where you are standing, and X has been expressed as just that, then the above is accurate. "Getting of the X", huh, someone didn't give that much thought in the context it's used.

When you move your feet, the X still moves with you. It only changes with you when you move, that's the new X being targeted. Pretty simple concept.

Unless you can levitate, while targeted, where you stand is X.

Thoughts

MajO
04-16-2017, 03:40 PM
If X is where someone is standing at any given time, then one can't move "OFF" the X. Where they are in time and space is constantly changing [ except when you root ] and thus X changes accordingly/

Unless X isn't where you are standing, and X has been expressed as just that, then the above is accurate. "Getting of the X", huh, someone didn't give that much thought in the context it's used.

When you move your feet, the X still moves with you. It only changes with you when you move, that's the new X being targeted. Pretty simple concept.

Unless you can levitate, while targeted, where you stand is X.

Thoughts

Would "WTF" be appropriate?

brownie
04-16-2017, 03:48 PM
https://www.ammoland.com/2014/05/take-your-x-with-you/#axzz4eRKnTuie

sdmc530
04-16-2017, 09:55 PM
I need a drink

BlackKnight
04-16-2017, 10:19 PM
I call it the "off line principle."

TLE2
04-16-2017, 11:58 PM
I call it the 'move your arse to get an advantage' method.

Caleb
04-17-2017, 08:19 AM
My brain hurts.

sdmc530
04-17-2017, 09:49 AM
My brain hurts.

right!! the link to the article clears it up.....

DrHenley
04-17-2017, 10:54 AM
Maybe this will clear it up LOL!

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2014/02/daniel-zimmerman/self-defense-tip-get-x/

http://www.cotep.org/forum/picture.php?albumid=22&pictureid=888

brownie
04-17-2017, 11:19 AM
I stopped reading that drivel at

Aim at the guy’s balls

Another freakin 1 d 1 0 T

DaFadda
04-17-2017, 11:27 AM
I didn't quite make out what the post was about, but the article clears it up "a
Bit" But what really worries me is "What is Pig going to think about when he reads the title to this thread?"

pitor
04-17-2017, 03:55 PM
I didn't quite make out what the post was about, but the article clears it up "a
Bit" But what really worries me is "What is Pig going to think about when he reads the title to this thread?"

Hahahaha, truth.

Move to cover while shooting at the same time, make your rounds count. Period.

Brownie, I have some new friends, trainers that have military and tactical background, as well as extensive competition experience. They were timing each other for "Draw from surrender then one round on each of the three steel targets" type of drill, 10 feet from center target. I showed up, cold, shot all three in 1.5 sec, including drawing from surrender. They were stunned as I shot them from 1/2 hip. Guess who taught me how to trust my abilities???

brownie
04-17-2017, 05:05 PM
Hahahaha, truth.

Move to cover while shooting at the same time, make your rounds count. Period.

Brownie, I have some new friends, trainers that have military and tactical background, as well as extensive competition experience. They were timing each other for "Draw from surrender then one round on each of the three steel targets" type of drill, 10 feet from center target. I showed up, cold, shot all three in 1.5 sec, including drawing from surrender. They were stunned as I shot them from 1/2 hip. Guess who taught me how to trust my abilities???

I have no idea who you're talking about. :eek:

Making friends I see showing off unconventional talent you've picked up along the way huh? :D

pitor
04-18-2017, 09:01 PM
I have no idea who you're talking about. :eek:

Making friends I see showing off unconventional talent you've picked up along the way huh? :D
Showing off skills that can save a life much quicker than a two-hand grip, fully extended front sight press technique! Ya know it! Thanks for the light bulb moments 😁

brownie
04-18-2017, 10:44 PM
Welcome I'm sure sir ;)

Rick McC.
04-18-2017, 11:25 PM
Well, that'll give them a little something to ponder...

pitor
04-19-2017, 11:12 PM
Well, that'll give them a little something to ponder...
It did. They tried shooting from the 1/2 hip position... Failed multiple times. After a little "orientation" on my part, they improved. But of course ended with "two hands it's still better!" SMH...