PDA

View Full Version : Truck Gun Question

Caleb
09-28-2017, 09:04 PM
Well, actually the question is for the ammo. Currently, I don't keep my "truck gun" in the vehicle 24/7 or overnight even. I found a good spot to keep one there all of the time plus an extra mag or two. As most of you know, I live in the southeast where it's hot and humid. My question is: Do you all think the temp/humidity change going from a hot cabin (sitting in the sun most of the day) to a cooled cab (Air conditioning while driving) will hurt the powder in the ammo after a prolonged period? I'm not worried about the gun or mags, just the ammo.

Comments, thoughts?

Riverpigusmc
09-28-2017, 09:08 PM
nope. Ammo in your pistol does the same during the day if you can't carry at work. Military ammo from Lake City stays in bunkers for decades and is good. If it ain't green, it's good. May be good even if it is green

sdmc530
09-28-2017, 09:36 PM
Agree! No issues with moisture or damage.

Caleb
09-29-2017, 07:14 AM
nope. Ammo in your pistol does the same during the day if you can't carry at work. Military ammo from Lake City stays in bunkers for decades and is good. If it ain't green, it's good. May be good even if it is green

Makes sense, thanks.

AFJuvat
09-29-2017, 10:11 AM
Unless the temp drops to the dew point and you get condensation on the ammo it isn't really a problem.

Of course, if that happens, you have bigger issues, because your gun is wet too. :D

Pirate
09-29-2017, 03:52 PM
I have a 15 round mag mounted near my knee on my dash. Mag only comes out when the van goes in for service or I leave town for more than a day. I shoot that ammo once a year to change it out.

Caleb
10-06-2017, 09:47 PM
Thanks guys..... I feel better about it. Time to strategize a mount for the pistol and extra mags.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk