PDA

View Full Version : Cue the bubbles Mr. Welk!

sdmc530
02-10-2023, 12:17 PM
Getting better, almost ready for German Fest 2023!

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/xfCcKVKbTlo

pitor
02-10-2023, 01:45 PM
Getting better, almost ready for German Fest 2023!

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/xfCcKVKbTlo

Is that your kiddo? He's a player alright!

sdmc530
02-10-2023, 03:27 PM
Is that your kiddo? He's a player alright!

yep, that is my music nerd.

We are now playing:
Piano
Trombone
a little guitar
and the accordion.

Accordion by far his favorite, but he is probably the best with the trombone.

DrHenley
02-10-2023, 05:17 PM
An a one, an a two, an a...

FfNJGTFO
02-10-2023, 07:27 PM
"Wonnerful... Wonnerful...." :D

pitor
02-10-2023, 08:12 PM
yep, that is my music nerd.

We are now playing:
Piano
Trombone
a little guitar
and the accordion.

Accordion by far his favorite, but he is probably the best with the trombone.
Wow, he's pretty gifted. None of those instruments are easy to play, especially the accordion and trombone. Kudos to him, and to the parents of course.

Rick McC.
02-10-2023, 11:19 PM
"Wonnerful... Wonnerful...." :D

And-a Bobbie and-a Sissie are-a gonna get up and-a dance-a for you!

DaFadda
02-11-2023, 08:09 AM
Oom pa pa... oom pa pa... LOVE IT! Kid's got an interest in playing music and shooting stuff. This is a dream life!! Be sure he understands that he cannot bring his buck knife to accordion practice. (Wait, he live in South Dakota, that may be perfectly fine!!!) LOL

Semper Paratus
02-12-2023, 08:35 PM
Need to get Joanne Castle with him.

sdmc530
02-13-2023, 08:37 AM
Oom pa pa... oom pa pa... LOVE IT! Kid's got an interest in playing music and shooting stuff. This is a dream life!! Be sure he understands that he cannot bring his buck knife to accordion practice. (Wait, he live in South Dakota, that may be perfectly fine!!!) LOL

Actually here if your not carrying some sort of weapon your looked at like a weirdo! funny

All his music stuff is really fun, enjoyed every minute of it so far but the squeeze box has been really cool. People just get a huge kick out of it.

The welk connection is really fun. I grew up seeing that on TV with my folks. I love hearing everyone throwing out the fun memories of his one liners.

its really awesome. I figure he will be 40 playing that darn thing and he will be a rare person who knows about that era of music.

sdmc530
02-13-2023, 08:38 AM

Need to get Joanne Castle with him.

I already sent an invite to the lennon sisters too!

DrHenley
02-13-2023, 10:41 PM
The welk connection is really fun. I grew up seeing that on TV with my folks. I love hearing everyone throwing out the fun memories of his one liners.

My mother watched the Lawrence Welk show religiously, so I grew up with an overdose of it.
I think I would have enjoyed listening to fingernails on a blackboard more, LOL.