PDA

View Full Version : Oh my god he has a gun!!!!!!

Mike45
05-04-2012, 08:07 PM
So I drop off my RIA 2011 Full Rail Gun at FedEx today sending it Arnel at Armscor to have him up grade a bunch of stuff and that is the response I got at the front desk at FedEx.

They had to check their little 3x4 official FedEx card to figure out what to do with my gun.

I brought the gun to FedEx in the original plastic case and a box of parts. The girl behind the counter said that she could not pack the gun for me :confused: But she did pick up the case to see what size box I needed. She called every person in the place to ask what she should do with my shipment and of course everyone had their opinion. But in the end she default to the 3x4 FedEx procedure card. funny

It end up costing me $120 but it will be well worth it when I get the gun back from Arnel.

Grouse
05-04-2012, 08:09 PM
i ups 'm

Mike45
05-04-2012, 08:15 PM
i ups 'm

I will give them a try when I get the gun back from Armscor and sent to Birdsong for the Black-T finish.

sdmc530
05-04-2012, 08:16 PM
its funny though, people see gun, not so "aware" people and they panic....you have to love it!

Mike45
05-04-2012, 08:28 PM
its funny though, people see gun, not so "aware" people and they panic....you have to love it!

I giggled the whole time I was there.

skosh69
05-04-2012, 08:30 PM
Thank God I have UPS at work and when I sent my Kimber back, no questions asked....driver doesn't care what's in the "brown box" just as long as it's got an address lable and bar code!

AutoMag
05-04-2012, 10:09 PM
Mike, use UPS next time, a lot easier procedure.

I went to FedEx to ship some ammo and they gave me more forms that I could carry to fill out and bring back.

I took the package to UPS, printed out all the info on the computer there, paid and left, that easy!!!:)

AutoMag
05-04-2012, 10:13 PM
Mike, I also meant to say congrats on shipping your RIA to Arnel!!!

I was getting ready to build another RIA Longslide but the refrigerator just went on the blink and I have 4 dogs to take to the vet next week to the tune of $230.00 each plus $285 each for 2 of them to be neutered!!!:eek:

There goes my gun money for the month!!!:D

Mike45
05-04-2012, 10:42 PM
Mike, I also meant to say congrats on shipping your RIA to Arnel!!!

I was getting ready to build another RIA Longslide but the refrigerator just went on the blink and I have 4 dogs to take to the vet next week to the tune of $230.00 each plus $285 each for 2 of them to be neutered!!!:eek:

There goes my gun money for the month!!!:D

It is cool that you are thinking about a new LS. :rock:

You will have to start saving again. :cool:

I can not wait for the new mod's to my 2011.

I have been carrying it lately, I am already missing it. :bananagun:

AutoMag
05-04-2012, 10:44 PM
I bet you are Mike!!:)

But just think how nice it will be after Arnel works his magic on it!!!:)

Chiselchst
05-05-2012, 09:11 AM
In my town, that happens at the UPS, and the FedEX guys & gals are the professionals, who don't freak out...LOL.

I think "everyone" is getting better though, as or 2A rights get solidified, and gun rights are now (slowly) being restored... :confused:

Thedragonslayer
05-05-2012, 09:40 AM
UPS Store for me too.

Noel

Feathermerchant
05-05-2012, 10:33 AM
I love shipping through my local FedEx... The manager has taken my Women's Only pistol class!! Converting one at a time!!

JBT
05-05-2012, 02:32 PM
FedEx for me too. As long as I have it packaged, she doesn't have to see what is inside. Fill out a purple form and done. It's just that easy.

Neener Neener
05-06-2012, 09:40 PM
Yes, I am a little biased when it comes to shipping. However, your best bet is to see if you can get a local FFL to ship it USPS. That pistol would've fit in a medium flat rate box and cost $11.15 (a little more with insurance), plus whatever your FFL charges. I just hand mine a $20 bill and he sends it out for me. Not that FedEx can't handle it, but saving $100 is a big deal to me!

Mike45
05-07-2012, 08:58 AM
Yes, I am a little biased when it comes to shipping. However, your best bet is to see if you can get a local FFL to ship it USPS. That pistol would've fit in a medium flat rate box and cost $11.15 (a little more with insurance), plus whatever your FFL charges. I just hand mine a $20 bill and he sends it out for me. Not that FedEx can't handle it, but saving $100 is a big deal to me!

I am going to give this a try as I have build a pretty good relationship with my LGS buying some high cost guns over the last year.

Thanks Neener.