PDA

View Full Version : How to add an Avatar?

NWDave
05-26-2012, 10:19 AM
Is there a certain point in the "newbie" status where you can add an Avatar or is there a switch action I'm missing. I've been into User CP, edit Avatar and I can't make the change. Any help would be appreciated.

NAMVET72
05-26-2012, 01:11 PM
Dave send me the pic in a PM and I will do that for you..............

Clyde

Zilmo
05-26-2012, 03:37 PM
Don't do it Dave! It's a trap!

Lane
05-26-2012, 04:35 PM
I don't think there's any "newbie" restrictions. I've found that the key to having a custom avatar on most boards is making sure that is small - in the case of COTEP.org, it should be 80x80 pixels, or less than 19KB - whichever is smaller.

You might need to tweak your picture with an editor - there are several free ones that are pretty good.

Lane

NWDave
05-26-2012, 05:11 PM

Oh sure, put me on the tinter hooks like that. Careful, you might be sent back to "mimber status", "shudder":eek:. I don't even own, like or could identify one but I got hung with the label.

I don't think there's any "newbie" restrictions. I've found that the key to having a custom avatar on most boards is making sure that is small - in the case of COTEP.org, it should be 80x80 pixels, or less than 19KB - whichever is smaller.

You might need to tweak your picture with an editor - there are several free ones that are pretty good.

Lane

I've never had a problem posting the avatar. The switch action won't let me get access to have a denial for size.

NWDave
05-26-2012, 05:24 PM

Clyde

It's a gif that is located in a file on my computer. Don't have the internet link anymore. Strange that I can't access the avatar function on this site. Works on all the other's I've joined. Ah well, I'll just keep you all in the dark.

NWDave
05-26-2012, 05:28 PM

Clyde

I was able to post the picture to my site profile picture section. Can you access it from that point?

DaFadda
05-26-2012, 06:34 PM
NO DAVE.... Please... don't do it... you just don't understand what can happen when Clyde gets a picture in his hands.....
LOL
DaFadda

Roverron
05-26-2012, 06:53 PM
Dave, throw money and then it works great!
....at leastbthats what I was told

NWDave
05-26-2012, 10:12 PM
NO DAVE.... Please... don't do it... you just don't understand what can happen when Clyde gets a picture in his hands.....
LOL
DaFadda

I see from your picture that you are slave to the true owner of your household. I understand as I have two (who are sisters, BTW). I guess I'll just have to go avatarless. Ah well.

NAMVET72
05-26-2012, 10:23 PM
Hey Dave you have a PM and check your avator............................................ .............

Clyde

NWDave
05-26-2012, 10:44 PM
Alrighty. Now that's one handsome fella. Thanks Clyde. Appreciate it.

Thedragonslayer
05-26-2012, 10:53 PM

funnyfunnyfunnyfunny

Oh that was quick and darn funny!!!! Good one Zilmo!

Noel