PDA

View Full Version : Need help for a lefty.

Jdl2
06-14-2012, 11:46 PM
Hey guys. A friend called me today from Fl looking for some recommendations for a new PISTOL. He's left handed, small hands, looking for mag/slide releases and safety/decocker on right side of pistol, set up for a lefty. Wants quality and reliability $600 or less. Can you help me out with suggestions?
Thank you,
Jim

sdmc530
06-15-2012, 11:06 AM
good luck, the Ruger P series has a decocker on both sides of the slide but are a tad bulky but a good shooting gun. The mag release you will have the most trouble with they are not very easily changabe on most guns.
I would really point them tward a Glock, yep I said it. No decocker nessasary and a reliable gun. Under your price point and works everytime.
Sig is not bad but over his price point......

Good luck and let us know what he gets. I am a lefty too, somtimes the world just makes you adapt to the right handed side.

Dave Waits
06-15-2012, 07:58 PM
Other than portsiding some of the controls, you're out of luck. Nobody makes a Left-handed Semi-Auto.

Jdl2
06-17-2012, 09:46 PM
Thanks guys. He bought a Ruger SR9.
J

sdmc530
06-17-2012, 09:55 PM
Thanks guys. He bought a Ruger SR9.
J

Really that is a good choice for a lefty...very adaptable for certain! Good job.

Jdl2
06-17-2012, 10:15 PM
Really that is a good choice for a lefty...very adaptable for certain! Good job.
Thank you for your help.
Jim