PDA

View Full Version : I took a MIssouri ccw class today.

douglas_knott
06-16-2012, 09:23 PM
Class was from 7 to 3 today. It was put on by a NRA instructor. You wouldn't believe the amount of times he swept people with the guns he handled throughout class. Told everyone that the minimum caliber of handgun they should carry Is a .380 because .22's don't kill people. Also said that he carries nothing but FMJ ammo even for personal defense and said everyone should do the same because hollowpoints don't do the job Im any caliber. Also said that a full size 1911 was too big for anyone to carry. It was surely an experience. We did have a good home cooked meal for lunch. It was really good. Ok I am done ranting. :snow:

Riverpigusmc
06-16-2012, 09:42 PM
get your license, study the laws, and get some competent training from a different instructor. Like Defensive Handgun 1

NAMVET72
06-16-2012, 09:44 PM
I agree with Mike, did you get it?????????? And what took you so long to get??????? And the Instructor is a Wimp.................

Clyde

douglas_knott
06-16-2012, 10:13 PM
I have had my Utah permit for 5 years. It's valid in Missouri so I have been carrying since I got it. My Utah permit couldn't be renewed until I had my Missouri license so I went ahead and got it today. My parents took the class with me too. I got them talked into it. I am up to date with the laws here. passed the shooting part with a 100% and the same on my written test but they said the written test, which was 50 questions did not matter and was just for the instructors records.

Roverron
06-17-2012, 08:32 AM
Class was from 7 to 3 today. It was put on by a NRA instructor. You wouldn't believe the amount of times he swept people with the guns he handled throughout class. Told everyone that the minimum caliber of handgun they should carry Is a .380 because .22's don't kill people. Also said that he carries nothing but FMJ ammo even for personal defense and said everyone should do the same because hollowpoints don't do the job Im any caliber. Also said that a full size 1911 was too big for anyone to carry. It was surely an experience. We did have a good home cooked meal for lunch. It was really good. Ok I am done ranting. :snow:

This guy is an idiot. Perhaps he should be retired to read up on modern weapons and bullets. He probably carries a plastic gun.

douglas_knott
06-17-2012, 08:56 AM
Actually Ron, if you want the truth, he carries a Kimber ultra tactical with crimson grips. He said everyone has to have some kind of laser on their pistol and depend on it too.

sdmc530
06-17-2012, 12:07 PM
Actually Ron, if you want the truth, he carries a Kimber ultra tactical with crimson grips. He said everyone has to have some kind of laser on their pistol and depend on it too.

Kimber - plastic you say potato I say patato funny

bvkdphillips
06-17-2012, 01:22 PM
Kimber - plastic you say potato I say patato funny

Now that's funny!

Bob