PDA

View Full Version : Kroger sued over suspect's fatal shooting

Roverron
07-22-2012, 06:49 PM
This news story should make you smile & shake your head in disgust at the same time...

6 months ago, an armed man named 'Atkinson' robbed a Kroger store. He shoved a gun into a female security guard's back.. forced her into the manger's office and attempted to rob the store. The manager ended up shooting the robber in the face and killing him. Kroger had a store policy against employees being armed. Now the robber's mother is suing Kroger for $75,000 for wrongfull death. Her claim is in part:

“Kroger owed Atkinson a duty to exercise reasonable care for his safety, refrain from wantonly or willfully harming Atkinson, and/or acting in a way that would increase the peril to Atkinson as a result of being on the premises. By failing to supervise its employees, enforce its own policies, and failing to properly train its employees, Kroger breached its duty of care to Atkinson.”

http://www.indystar.com/article/20120719/NEWS02/207190360/Gunman-s-mother-sues-Kroger-over-fatal-shooting-during-attempted-robbery?odyssey=tab%7Ctopnews%7Ctext%7CIndyStar.co m

Riverpigusmc
07-22-2012, 07:59 PM
If only she'd spent a dollar on a condom..perhaps she should think of it as a retroactive abortion. I do

JimF4M1s
07-22-2012, 08:38 PM
Xxxxx

Roverron
07-22-2012, 08:42 PM
No way she'll win this one. When you read the whole story she found the one idiot atty that would try and file she has no case since her POS SON caused the problem

Sheepdog
07-22-2012, 10:27 PM
They will toss it. Insurance company may give her something to go away.

JBT
07-23-2012, 02:01 PM
Much talk about this here in Indy. I say give her a Kroger gift card and tell her to move on.

Riverpigusmc
07-23-2012, 07:59 PM
Much talk about this here in Indy. I say give her a Kroger gift card and tell her to move on.

I say charge her happy ass for the hazmat cleanup, but I've been accused of being insensitive

Roverron
07-23-2012, 08:23 PM
I say charge her happy ass for the hazmat cleanup, but I've been accused of being insensitive

That's the best suggestion yet!

Thedragonslayer
07-24-2012, 03:43 PM
Absolutely goofy. Thats why I am in favor of "you loose you pay" legislation! Seems the manager shot the wrong limb on that family tree! Goofy.:eek:

Noel

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2