View Full Version : Responding to your message

Jdl2
08-05-2012, 04:53 PM
Begin forwarded message:

Date: July 27, 2012 9:06:39 AM EDT
To: (I Deleted Recipient's Name. JL)
Subject: Responding to your message

Dear Mrs. ,
Thank you for contacting me regarding the United Nations Arms Trade Treaty. I'm grateful for your thoughts and for the opportunity to respond.
As you may know, in October 2009, under the direction of President Obama, the U.S. voted to participate in the negotiation of United Nations Arms Trade Treaty in the United Nations General Assembly. The purpose of this treaty is to create a set of international standards for the import, export and transfer of conventional arms, and a conference is currently being held to finalize this agreement. As the process currently stands, I am concerned that the Arms Trade Treaty poses serious dangers to the constitutional rights of Americans. Our Second Amendment rights are not negotiable.
It is evident to me that certain parts of the treaty challenge our individual freedoms. One clear example is the limitation of the transfer of arms within member states. Additionally, the treaty is also designed to control the transfer of arms from non-state actors, placing the burden of controlling crime on law-abiding citizens instead of on the member states of the U.N. For these reasons, I have co-sponsored the Second Amendment Sovereignty Act (S.2205), a bill which prohibits funding to negotiate a U.N. Arms Trade Treaty that restricts the Second Amendment rights of U.S. citizens.

As a member of the Senate Committee on Foreign Relations, please know that I am following the development of this treaty process closely. I appreciate your opinions, and I look forward to serving the people of Florida.

Sincerely,

Marco Rubio
United States Senator*

Roverron
08-05-2012, 05:29 PM
Anything to save our constitutional rights and tell the UN to piss off. Thanks, Senator!

Riverpigusmc
08-05-2012, 06:17 PM
He's our "good" Senator here. The other one is a waste of air

DaFadda
08-05-2012, 06:25 PM
Get US OUT of the U.N.

I would, to this day, refuse to wear a Blue Helmet/Beret or serve under the U.N. Flag. Got it? Good. End of discussion!!!

dw1911
08-05-2012, 07:20 PM
Get US OUT of the U.N.

I would, to this day, refuse to wear a Blue Helmet/Beret or serve under the U.N. Flag. Got it? Good. End of discussion!!!

DITTO! Me too
F*** the U.N.!