PDA

View Full Version : Social Security Admin orders 170,000 .357 sig rounds

Roverron
08-16-2012, 09:16 AM
Social Security Administration Requests Massive Amounts of .357 Ammo — But Why?

First the Department of Homeland Security ordered 450 million rounds of ammunition and is planning to buy a further 750 million rounds of ammo, the National Oceanic Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) submitted an order for 46,000 rounds of high powered ammo, and now Business Insider reports that the Social Security Administration is asking to purchase 174,000 rounds of .357 Sig 125 grain bonded jacketed hollow point bullets.

Although the ammo purchases are ostensibly earmarked for training purposes, the DHS has been reticent to clarify why such an unusually large amount of rounds are necessary and why such powerful bullets are required merely for training drills.

This has led to speculation that the purchases are connected to confirmed preparations for civil unrest in the United States.

The DHS recently put out an order for riot gear in preparation for the upcoming DNC, RNC and presidential inauguration. The U.S. Army is also busy buying similar equipment.
The DHS also recently purchased a number of bullet-proof checkpoint booths that include ‘stop and go’ lights.

A recently leaked US Army Military Police training manual for “Civil Disturbance Operations” outlines how military assets are to be used domestically to quell riots, confiscate firearms and even kill Americans on U.S. soil during mass civil unrest.http://info.publicintelligence.net/USAMPS-CivilDisturbanceOps.pdf

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/read...ounds-of-ammo/
http://www.infowars.com/dhs-to-purchase-another-750-million-rounds-of-ammo/

------------------------------------------------
*Pers note: I don't believe our US Military would turn on American Citizens based on the fool idiot we have in the White house. Plus the fact of the millions of armed citizens as a standing army against any such attempt. But, that's just my thoughts

douglas_knott
08-16-2012, 09:53 AM
From my cold dead hands.........

Hoss in IL
08-17-2012, 11:38 PM
The shooting range where I work has qualification days a few times a year for the guards that work at the social security offices. MOST of them can't shoot for crap! Quite a few of them have to come back a couple of times to get it right.

Doesn't sound like a bad gig though, they make about $26/hour, get their gear paid for (I think) and I can't remember EVER hearing about a social security office being robbed so probably not too high stress.

One downfall....duty weapon has to be a GLOCK. No thanks, I'll pass. :D

Riverpigusmc
08-17-2012, 11:57 PM
The ammo is for when folks finally realize they HAVE no Social Security "account", and it now takes 7 people working to support one retiree..and getting worse as the economy slows.

DUBYA.R
09-01-2012, 12:27 PM
The ammo is for when folks finally realize they HAVE no Social Security "account", and it now takes 7 people working to support one retiree..and getting worse as the economy slows.

+1
That was my 1st thought too.:mob:

Roverron
09-01-2012, 01:07 PM
A little more info since last time I posted about this issue:
How about the 1.4 BILLION rounds put out for bids by the DHS on their public website ? Why the hell does the DHS need 1.4 BILLION rounds of hollow point ammo ? They are NOT the military. That's 4 bullets for every man, woman and child in the United States.

Thats 4 rounds for EVERY man, woman, and child in the USA.

JHP... not practice rounds... duty rounds.

Now the NOAA, I emailed the buyer... Here was my question, and here was her response....

From [email protected]

Q: Why would NOAA need ammunition? Please advise.

A: Thanks for your inquiry. Here is the statement the NOAA Communications Office sent to reporters who asked about this. Sorry for the confusion. Naomi

"Due to a clerical error in the federal business vendor process, a solicitation for ammunition and targets for the NOAA Fisheries Office of Law Enforcement mistakenly identified NOAA's National Weather Service as the requesting office. The error is being fixed and will soon appear correctly in the electronic federal bidding system. The ammunition is standard issue for many law enforcement agencies and it will be used by 63 NOAA enforcement personnel in their firearms qualifications and training. NOAA officers and agents enforce the nation's ocean and fishing laws to ensure a level playing field for fishermen and to protect marine species like whales, dolphins and turtles."

Background:

Agents and officers are required to have 200 rounds in his or her duty bag, and twice-a-year firearm qualification and training calls for agents to use another 500-600 rounds. In addition, firearms instructors with more than one pistol may need more rounds in a year. In 2011, the guidance was that each agent and officer would need 700 rounds per year to meet these requirements.

134 NOAA enforcement personnel with issued firearms. http://www.nmfs.noaa.gov/ole/ole_about.html

Oh yeah,
Don't forget the 1400 lbs of Ammonium Nitrate they just bought:
http://freedomoutpost.com/2012/08/dhs-purchases-massive-explosive-nitrates-scrubs-history/

Dave Waits
09-01-2012, 09:36 PM
Did you know almost all Gov't agencies allow their people to carry weapons?