PDA

View Full Version : Sig 1911 Carry

Boats
10-04-2012, 10:25 AM
I'm about ready to buy my next 1911.

I'm looking at a Sig 1911 Carry model and don't see any reviews of them on Cotep. Maybe because most of us have rather more refined iron than these. But I know lots of you also have and carry more mundane pistols, too.

So… anyone have a Sig 1911 Carry, in either in SS or Nitron? They look good, price is right ($850 from Bud's), and the reviews I've seen say really nice things about them. Like they shoot anything you feed them, they are really accurate, and they are tight and feel good in the hand, even after hours of firing in high humidity. They certainly do look good.

On the other hand, I try to take reviews with a grain of salt unless they're from folk I know. Like you folk.

Olympus
10-04-2012, 01:40 PM
Not much chatter here because we are really a smaller board, not because we poo-poo Sig 1911s

That being said, I don't own a Sig 1911 but have plans to. My FIL owns a Nitron Carry and I've shot it a lot. Excellent gun and its the reason I got turned on to Sig 1911s. Fit and finish is top notch and its a great shooting gun! I lusted after it for a long time. Since then, my brother has bought a Scorpion and a C3 and those guns sealed the deal for me on Sig. They are fine examples and really give a lot of features and high quality materials for a damn good price. Some people don't like the different slide profile and external extractor, but they don't bother me. I definitely think highly of Sig 1911s. Hope this helps.

Snipersnest
10-04-2012, 02:36 PM
Although I don't own one, I've fired my share. They're a great pistol. Another is the Remington 1911R, the slide fit and finish is silky smooth and equal to any of the other high priced guns, and the price is under $700.

Boats
10-04-2012, 06:21 PM
Thanks very much for the comments. More are welcome.

This is what I was hoping to hear and actually corroborates what I've seen in the reviews.

I don't have a lot of cash, so I'm going to my LGS with a HK P7M8 looking for a trade. I actually have two P7M8's. The one I will bring for a trade is a police trade-in with the police mark milled off. It's got many rounds through it but is in really good shape. A little holster wear, but I've got the original box, the gas tube tool, cleaning brush, owners manual, and two original HK magazines.

I also have a much nicer P7M8 with all the right markings in pristine though fired condition, which I would like to keep forever.

The LGS wants about $950 for the Sig, but I'll get a pretty decent military discount. It will still be more expensive than Bud's, where it's $850 shipped, but by the time you get through with transfer fees from the LGS, it's probably pretty close. I like giving my LGS my business. It's a small shop and a bunch of good guys.

I'm hoping I can get at least an even trade.

I'll report back next week after I've had a chance to talk to and negotiate with them.

DaFadda
10-05-2012, 06:54 AM
I have an original version SIG GSR 1911. Govt. model, with rail. It was the first 1911 I bought.
Weight: Heavy.
fit and finish: Superb.
Accuracy: Superb.
Look like a classic 1911: duh... its got an external extractor. Hey, what did I know... it was my first!

There were no mim parts in mine (but it IS an older model)

Below is what is looked like coming back from the factory for a trigger job and new sights. Factory threw in new grips, and a couple of magazines too.

http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g407/DaFadda/SIGGSRPistol1.jpg

Accuracy: As I said... superb. Or is it just that I'm THAT good? (Go ahead Phil... post the BS smiley!!)

http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g407/DaFadda/SIG1911.jpg

DaFadda

Boats
10-05-2012, 08:37 AM
Hmmm... and they still have external extractors.

Seems like there's a fair amount of back and forth about them.

Never came across one that I can remember. Is there something I should be very concerned about?

Sounds like you were happy with the weapon.

Thanks for the feedback.

Oh, and by the way... :bs:

:)