PDA

View Full Version : DW Guardian Duce Range Report

Boats
11-25-2012, 03:25 PM
Got Scott's (now my!) Guardian Duce on Friday and my son and I had a chance to take it out to the range today.

We shot 300 rounds through it and more through the Sig Carry and the Citadel CS. The Duce was by far the most fun to shoot.

We shot a variety of JHP hand loads, Winchester white box range ammo, and some PMC range ammo. We used both the Scott supplied CM mags, and some ACT mags I had laying around. Not sure why I didn't bring the WC's I've got.

It had a little trouble chambering my HPs, but no trouble with the Winchester.

Impressions:

Unbelievable trigger. No creep, very light touch. Feels like 3.5-4lbs.

Feels really good in the hand. Very stable. I like the stock grips, but may replace them anyway :)

Target sights were relatively easy for my old eyes to acquire a picture. Sights were right on.

Minimal recoil. This is a fairly substantial pistol.

Very accurate.

The picture below was my first three mags shot at 15yds at a standard silhouette target, offhand, rapid fire. There were a flyer or two as I got used to the trigger and the overall feel. My son got the center of mass part of the target and I got the head.

http://i1294.photobucket.com/albums/b606/pitlog/Firearms/DSC03146.jpg

Overall: I got a deal, Scott!

Thanks!

Boats

jmlutz
11-25-2012, 03:37 PM
Thanks for the range report, nice shooting as well! Looks like ya'll had a fine time:) I should have got out and shot today, but I just worked on orders for my business and killed Budweisers:(

Riverpigusmc
11-25-2012, 04:07 PM
I'm putting up the tree:(

Good shootin', Tom

Sheepdog
11-25-2012, 06:22 PM
I sure am glad you like it. Very nice shooting. Not to bad for a pre CZ gun.:rolleyes: Great range report.

Roverron
11-25-2012, 07:18 PM
Nice shooting!

NAMVET72
11-27-2012, 09:06 PM
Tom I am glad you Like Scott's Duce and that it shoots really well, Now you Need some Custom Grips and Leather for it..........

Clyde

Boats
11-28-2012, 08:43 AM
Tom I am glad you Like Scott's Duce and that it shoots really well, Now you Need some Custom Grips and Leather for it..........

Clyde

Yep. Got some VZ's coming, will post pics.

Not too sure about the leather, though. This is really a target gun, and it's got "funny" sights. It doesn't fit my SS2. I've checked out a couple of threads where people were looking for leather for these and were not happy with the results.

Not sure I would ever carry it, but if you have suggestions, I'm all ears!

Boats

Sheepdog
12-29-2012, 10:33 PM
Those are the original grips.

ColMike
12-29-2012, 10:38 PM
Good report! Good shooting.

Jdl2
01-02-2013, 05:57 AM
Nice pistol. Great shooting!
Jim

Snipersnest