PDA

View Full Version : Range & Club

Boats
12-04-2012, 01:34 PM
I've been a lone shooter all my life, except for military shooting. I've actually mostly been a loner in all things.

Never belonged to a shooting club or took part in events or anything like that.

But the public ranges here in Hampton Roads are either so terrible or so crowded that I've decided to join the one private range I know of. The Norfolk County Rifle Range.

Here's their web site: NCRR (http://ncrr.net)

They have a bunch of different events for rimfire, pistol, shotgun and rifle that I think I might enjoy.

Problem is everybody wants to be a member, and there's quite a waiting list - likely into late winter/early spring. I'm lucky in that I know a number of members so have good sponsors.

I've submitted my application and we'll see what happens.

Boats

AutoMag
12-04-2012, 05:48 PM
Tom, I am kind of the same way. I do not like and will not shoot at public ranges any more. Too many asinine rules in my opinion. That is why my shooting has been sort of few and far between. I wait to shoot with some of my buddies at a private range or on private land when I can!!

I just do not like having to follow the rules at most ranges, no double taps, only slow fire, cannot shoot that gun, too much power and so forth!!!

jmlutz
12-04-2012, 06:07 PM
Tom, I am kind of the same way. I do not like and will not shoot at public ranges any more. Too many asinine rules in my opinion. That is why my shooting has been sort of few and far between. I wait to shoot with some of my buddies at a private range or on private land when I can!!

I just do not like having to follow the rules at most ranges, no double taps, only slow fire, cannot shoot that gun, too much power and so forth!!!

Yeah, I'm the same way here, I'm way to used to the place where I shoot, I can do whatever I please and not worry about getting shot in the back by some idiot.