PDA

View Full Version : Wesson ECO 45 ACP

rickshooter
12-04-2012, 08:53 PM
Hello people, I have been out for a while and really lurking more than out. A little because of work and a little because of illness. So I am back in the swing of things and I am considering getting a CCW gun. I have a colt LW Commander which I used along with my Colt Mustang as my main carry pieces. However, Chuck Rogers after a couple of years finally took it and I he will make something special. (who knows when it will be done).

So I do not have a carry piece, because since i went 1911 I do not want to use my glock 23. The rest of my 1911s (4) are full size and for Miami they are too much to conceal.

It brings me to my dilema. I was thinking to get me a Wilson Compact or a Sentinel model. They will take 1 year to make unless I buy something from an existing dealer. Frankly I do not have the $3,500+ that it will take, but over 12 months I will. Alternative I just found out about the DW ECO and I am really liking the 45 ECO. I am a little concerned with the recoil, but for one extra round I think that the 45 may be a better choice.

So the question is does anybody have experience with the ECO and are you happy with your purchase.

Regards,

Rick

NAMVET72
12-04-2012, 09:00 PM
Welcome Back Rick Glad You Are Back and are Buying and ECO....

Clyde

Riverpigusmc
12-04-2012, 09:06 PM
Dunno about the DW, but look at Gunslingers and see if George has anything you can pay layaway on. Keeps a lot of Wilsons

rickshooter
12-05-2012, 10:13 AM
Well could not hold it and ordered the ECO last night. Will follow on a report as soon as I can shoot it.

titanse05
12-05-2012, 10:27 AM
You have consent wisely. Looking forward to your report.

Horse'nround
12-08-2012, 12:03 AM
Well could not hold it and ordered the ECO last night. Will follow on a report as soon as I can shoot it.

Hi Rick,
I too was intrested in a ECO I finally got to paly with one about 6 weeks ago. I have had and shot a few Kimber ultra's and disliked them profoundly! THey feel nice and carry wonderfully, and they shoot like S**T. For some reason they all had a nasty twist to the right. The muzzle flip I expected, but not the torquing. I have a friend that dumped his ultra (didn't like it either) for a Sig UC and and says it was like night and day. Says the UC was twice as fast cycling and had zero torque to it. I own a couple of Wessons and the difference in function and feel between them and a Kimber is unreal. I didn't have the coin to snag it, BUMMER! So I'm super intrested in hearing what you think about the ECO when you get it.