PDA

View Full Version : Light-laser

Jdl2
12-05-2012, 01:11 AM
Do you guys have a light on your nightstand weapon? If so, what do you recommend? I'm seeing lights, light & laser, and strobe light.
Thanks!
Jim

douglas_knott
12-05-2012, 01:32 AM
Nope just a hand held light. That's what works for me.

Roverron
12-05-2012, 05:11 AM
Nope just a hand held light. That's what works for me.

Agree, I don't want the perp knowing where I'm at although I do have laser grips and my light is hand held

herefordman1
12-05-2012, 08:29 AM
I know where my night stand weapon is and it's laser equiped.

Jim

Boats
12-05-2012, 08:41 AM
I don't have a light mounted. I have a handheld tactical light that lives with the pistol, and I've trained myself to grab and use them in the dark.

Boats

AutoMag
12-05-2012, 09:10 AM
I don't have a light mounted. I have a handheld tactical light that lives with the pistol, and I've trained myself to grab and use them in the dark.

Boats

Exactly what I do!!!!:)

sdmc530
12-05-2012, 12:35 PM
I have a light on mine and a handheld light. Like lights....lasers are nice too but I feel a light is way more critical.

zukinut
12-05-2012, 04:56 PM
Just have a handheld light next to the nightstand gun. Don't like lights mounted on my handgun.

Riverpigusmc
12-05-2012, 08:59 PM
Lights attract bullets like a tax hike attracts Democrats. Night sights on all my pistols, and my night vision is better than my vision with glasses on.

Snipersnest
12-06-2012, 02:05 PM
My Rottweiller will handle things til I get the laser on him. Like pig, I still have very good night vision

Sunderbrew
12-06-2012, 03:21 PM
I like my night sights and I keep children's night lights thought my house so there just enough lights to see but I do have a hand held next to my guardian though

Sunderbrew
12-06-2012, 03:22 PM
And I keep our dog loose

ColMike
12-06-2012, 03:46 PM
hi power hand held flash light.. effective as a blinding weapon..and if necessary, a good striking weapon to boot, but if it gets to that, I've already failed.
D

DaFadda
12-06-2012, 07:44 PM
Hand held tactical LED next to Mr. Wesson. Don't like weapon mounted lites.... just seems to me that I'm announcing... "Here I am!!" Learned years ago to hold the light with the off hand as far away from the body as possible, then quick on/offs to acquire a target.... Thank God I've never had to use the technique in a home invasion. Pray I never have to.

DaFadda

Riverpigusmc
12-06-2012, 08:25 PM
One other thing..with a weapon mounted light, you're muzzling everything you illuminate. And adrenaline is pumping. Bad juju if you have kids like I do.

Dave Waits
12-06-2012, 09:16 PM
Ahh...rail-mounted tactical-lights! All the latest tacticool Gurus espouse them. Proven fact; When the pucker-factor is high and the lights are off, people instinctively shoot at any sudden bright light. Guess what's behind that wonderlight? You are!!! These lights all have fairly tight beams, if you're off by even a foot and a half when you turn it on he has a direct shot at you and it's adios muchachos!

Always use a handheld illumination source and hold it not only well off to the side but also slightly in front of you so you don't silhouette yourself with sidelight. Never, Never, Ever hold an illumination source directly in front of you. Another helpful hint; When you do turn on the light, strobe it first with your master-eye closed. Let the flash burn a black-dot in his eyes, not yours.Take a side-step to the right quickly( For you right-handers), open your master-eye, and turn it on. You can see him but, he's having problems today.

Roverron
12-07-2012, 05:02 AM
See below

Roverron
12-07-2012, 05:03 AM
Ahh...rail-mounted tactical-lights! All the latest tacticool Gurus espouse them. Proven fact; When the pucker-factor is high and the lights are off, people instinctively shoot at any sudden bright light. Guess what's behind that wonderlight? You are!!! These lights all have fairly tight beams, if you're off by even a foot and a half when you turn it on he has a direct shot at you and it's adios muchachos!

Always use a handheld illumination source and hold it not only well off to the side but also slightly in front of you so you don't silhouette yourself with sidelight. Never, Never, Ever hold an illumination source directly in front of you. Another helpful hint; When you do turn on the light, strobe it first with your master-eye closed. Let the flash burn a black-dot in his eyes, not yours.Take a side-step to the right quickly( For you right-handers), open your master-eye, and turn it on. You can see him but, he's having problems today.

That's the way I was taught