PDA

View Full Version : Too Sad

Boats
12-09-2012, 10:33 AM
Too sad.

It's always good to go over the rules of firearms safety every chance you get.

You only need to forget once.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/tragedy-as-father-accidentally-shoots-7-year-old-son-outside-penn-gun-shop/

Boats

douglas_knott
12-09-2012, 11:08 AM
Yeah very bad thing. I wish some people would have common sense.

Boats
12-09-2012, 11:29 AM
Yeah very bad thing. I wish some people would have common sense.

Me too, Doug. Not only did this guy lose his son, but he makes every gun owner look bad by association.

You just know the gun grabbers will use this.

Boats

Roverron
12-09-2012, 11:31 AM
Safety, safety, safety! Some people should NOT have guns...this is a bad deal.

Zilmo
12-09-2012, 01:14 PM
Damned moron.

sdmc530
12-09-2012, 01:28 PM
Safety, safety, safety! Some people should NOT have guns...this is a bad deal.

No doubt...a test should be taken to by a gun and vote!

Boats
12-09-2012, 02:31 PM
No doubt...a test should be taken to by a gun and vote!

I'll take it a step further, though some won't care for it...

Three years of military service or the equivalent in support of your country to vote. A test to own a gun.

Boats

sdmc530
12-09-2012, 03:36 PM
I'll take it a step further, though some won't care for it...

Three years of military service or the equivalent in support of your country to vote. A test to own a gun.

Boats

I am not opposed to that...as long I am grandfathered in.....not a bad thought though....

Razorwire
12-09-2012, 04:51 PM
My 2 cents worth. I am a retired NRA LE firearms and patrol rifle instructor. I have seen some dumb stuff. This child was not killed by accident, he was killed by negligence. Apparently this gun was loaded when carried in to the gun shop, so someone inside the store could have been shot.

I could support a mandatory training session prior to firearms purchase. However, I know that, at some level, some gummint administrator would screw it up. Perhaps an NRA certification to purchase?

Too many issues to address for that to work, How would private sales be controled? How many idiots buy guns from their buddy (who needs money for smokes and beer) that don't know the first thing about firearms safety?