PDA

View Full Version : I would of never thought

sdmc530
12-18-2012, 07:37 AM
my neighbor knocked on my door last night asking me to take him gun shopping. You all might think no big deal, normally I wouldn't either but they are retired, he was a Minister and she was a nurse. They are the type of people that don't hunt or anything like that. I am glad to help them out but they said with the world as crazy as its getting they thought they should have something. I was almost in shock. Glad to help them out...will keep you posted on teh progress.

AutoMag
12-18-2012, 09:00 AM
Good deal Phil!!!:)

Not quite the same but I accompanied my nephew on his concealed weapons permit course and his shooting range test!!

He passed with flying colors..............but then I had no doubts!!!!:)

Roverron
12-18-2012, 09:07 AM
and the libtard media just can't understand any since the shootings gun sales have gone even more thru the roof! Good luck finding any guns right now, heck they're all sold out!

Boats
12-18-2012, 09:11 AM
I'm just a little torn on this one, Phil.

On the one hand, it's great that this couple came to you for advice. It was smart of them to do that.

On the other hand, it's too bad they had to, especially in SD where there is much less of a problem than there is here in VA and in other places.

I hope you also have the chance to teach them firearms safety and how to hit what they're aiming at. You know better than most that a handgun is not a panacea. It will take commitment and practice for them to reap the benefits.

Boats

sdmc530
12-18-2012, 10:28 AM
Guns are not hard to find here, but SD is usually immune to that kind of panic.

sdmc530
12-18-2012, 10:35 AM
I'm just a little torn on this one, Phil.

On the one hand, it's great that this couple came to you for advice. It was smart of them to do that.

On the other hand, it's too bad they had to, especially in SD where there is much less of a problem than there is here in VA and in other places.

I hope you also have the chance to teach them firearms safety and how to hit what they're aiming at. You know better than most that a handgun is not a panacea. It will take commitment and practice for them to reap the benefits.

Boats

Yep, your right on, I have strongly recommended a gun saftey class. I told them that if they were uncomfortable with going that I would go to the class with them. (wouldn't hurt at all) I am going to recommend a wheel gun....but yeah this will be an experiance....