PDA

View Full Version : Contacting our Congress members about Gun Control

Jdl2
01-02-2013, 05:53 AM
Copied this from Sig Forum thread which recommended online polls or letters to or reps in Congress. I think this fellow has given the best advice and recommend we all do as he suggests if we have not done so.
Happy New Year to all!
Jim

jarcher, Member, Posted*January 01, 2013 11:49 PM

Having been in politics a while, I can tell you all that without question, using these links and services is next to useless. You need to communicate with your rep and senators in a way that requires a little effort.*

So either pick up the phone and call, write a letter, or both.

When you call, you'll talk to a staffer. Do not engage them in a debate. Just say that you are a constituent of Rep XXX or Senator XXX and that you want to let the rep/senator know that you oppose further gun control and that this is the issue upon which you vote. You don't even need to mention the constitution.

Then get a pen or a word processor and send a follow up letter. Sign it. Put it into the US mail, with an actual paper envelope and stamp.

This is the communication that means something, not clicking links.

Next, get every member of your gun club, everyone who hangs out at your favorite range, every friend and relative you have to do the same. If they agree to do it, nag them until they do. Then tell them to get all their friends to do it too.

You get the idea. Whatever you do, don't sit back and assume that the NRA, the SAF, whoever will handle it. They are us. The NRA has teeth only because of us.*

And by the way, the sooner the better.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."*

Edmund Burke, 1729 - 1797
Posts:*1977*|*Location:*Greenville, RI US*|*Registered:*May 16, 2002

dw1911
01-02-2013, 11:13 PM
I agree 100%! We can not afford to be silent! Not now. Not ever.
Once we lose our rights, it will be near impossible to ge them back!

Roverron
01-03-2013, 05:40 AM
I've done my part so far! Fortunately, I live in a red state with very conservative congressmen both in DC and at the state level (so conservative that bobo didn't pick up 1county in the last 2 elections) !!!!!!!
It will take more

dw1911
01-04-2013, 09:32 PM
https://www.popvox.com/accounts/register?next=/home
This works real well! Also posted on cotep member forum.