PDA

View Full Version : Adventures with a new tool

Grouse
01-29-2013, 02:50 PM
So a few months ago my Father sent me his older PSE graphite bow. Thanks Dave Kimpton . I took it in, and had it looked at. The draw length is to long for me. which means finger shooting only. The shelf is not wide enough for modern center shot arrow rests. I had them look for a string (cable and string for me) They are still looking.
All that being said, CJ also has a friend up the road that shoots a compound kids bow. CJ, Albert want to practice with her. So we endeavored to pick up a bow that would grow with them
http://www.diamondarchery.com/#/productBreakdown?r=products_products&i=42

Cj's will be ready on thursday, and Albert is waiting on a left handed bow. He is cross dominant with the left eye. That should be here in February.

I picked up a new target bag to go with CJ's new bow, along with a Deer. A Glendale 3d buck target. (cj's request) I put it up today and put a few arrows, okay all 12. They sank nicely into the areas labeled as vitals. I did not realize that shooting an arrow into a 3d target instantly creates a new unknown super glue. I got all 12 out after looking the problem up on google. It seems one should put dry lube or liquid soap on the arrows for easy removal of the arrows. I can honestly say my 1.2 hours of pulling out 12 hours was a work out and then some. So in short a foam deer kicked my ass repeatedly.

I could not let a fake deer win. I applied soap to the arrows. Went out and plugged the bastard with another 12 arrows. Go besure it would learn its lesson i did it another 12 times from 30yds away. Stupid fake dear. So removing the arrows was easier, by about a bajillion percent. That is like telling a 4ft talk man learning to slam dunk a basket ball is easy. Yeah he could learn, but only if he has a ramp and lower basket. The soap help but only a little.

I picked up a 2012 bowtech invasion bow. So far i like it alot. I have a lot to learn and work on. Very different muscle memory and groups than pistol shooting.

douglas_knott
01-29-2013, 04:00 PM
shooting bows is a fun hobby. do you plan on hunting with it or just shooting?

Grouse
01-29-2013, 04:55 PM
shooting bows is a fun hobby. do you plan on hunting with it or just shooting?

my wife wants me to rid the yard of 4 legged vermin

douglas_knott
01-29-2013, 06:10 PM

A.22 rifle with Aguila Super Colibri..... For the small stuff anyways. :)

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/2506295321/aguila-super-colibri-ammunition-22-long-rifle-20-grain-lead-solid-point

Grouse
01-29-2013, 06:26 PM
these are deer vermin

douglas_knott
01-29-2013, 06:29 PM
Choot em Aaron Choot em...

Grouse
01-29-2013, 06:33 PM
yes i plan on it, ct requires a bow class, a firearms class, a pistol class, yet any twit can become a state senator.

http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/video/#!/on-air/as-seen-on/Lawmakers-Facebook-Post-Draws-Ire/188902681

She was caught joking on face book about taking part in a drinking game for every time someone says "law abiding". the lady is a classless jerk.

Riverpigusmc
01-29-2013, 07:27 PM

Popup flares and claymores :D

congrats on a new hobby

ronpaul50
01-29-2013, 08:08 PM
http://www.cotep.org/forum/images/smilies/new/clay.gif
Front towards enemy or whatever.http://www.cotep.org/forum/images/icons/icon7.gif

Grouse
01-29-2013, 08:31 PM
my last set of 12 today, 120 arrows out in total today.

30 yds, i tried to hit all of the deer vitals, and each of the smaller dots on the large target.

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/10578_399775780112737_1819011867_n.jpg

douglas_knott
01-29-2013, 08:56 PM
Not bad Aaron. shoot it daily.

Grouse
01-29-2013, 09:28 PM
I am. we shall see how it goes

DaFadda
01-30-2013, 07:55 AM
SURE!!!!! Hang it off the kid's swing set! After I shot a bear in upstate NY, my hunting buddy and I took it to his house where we hung it off his kid's swing set. Somehow.... "it just ain't right"..... but it Worked!
ROFL
Michael

DaFadda
01-30-2013, 08:05 AM
On a more fun note..... I know the neighborhood where Aaron lives, and I can only imagine what the neighbor's reaction will be when a deer in his backyard takes a hit that doesn't quite put him down.

Imagine, if you will.... the calm, bambi and Obama loving mother with 3 small children that attend the local Montessori school sees Aaron chasing a deer with one or more arrows in its side across her manicured front lawn. The shot wasn't perfect, so the deer tries to make for the brush....

Of course.... we have to add that Aaron MUST be dressed in camo (so bambi loving mother won't recognize him). The deer stumbles several times before dropping in the middle of her flower bed, wheezing out the last strains of breath. Aaron then proceeeds to gut the deer right there in the flower garden, all the while exclaiming "The blood is good for your roses! The blood is good for your roses!".... Her three children screaming for their Montessori teachers who never prepared them for this, hide under the bed because the mean bambi killer is on the front lawn.

Shortly after Aaron drags the carcass onto his pickup, then hangs it off the kid's swingset.... the local police pull up to the neighbor's house.

Don't laugh too much. This may be a fun filled fantasy where you live, but Connecticut? Probably closer to reality!

+Michael

Grouse
01-30-2013, 08:37 AM
On a more fun note..... I know the neighborhood where Aaron lives, and I can only imagine what the neighbor's reaction will be when a deer in his backyard takes a hit that doesn't quite put him down.

Imagine, if you will.... the calm, bambi and Obama loving mother with 3 small children that attend the local Montessori school sees Aaron chasing a deer with one or more arrows in its side across her manicured front lawn. The shot wasn't perfect, so the deer tries to make for the brush....

Of course.... we have to add that Aaron MUST be dressed in camo (so bambi loving mother won't recognize him). The deer stumbles several times before dropping in the middle of her flower bed, wheezing out the last strains of breath. Aaron then proceeeds to gut the deer right there in the flower garden, all the while exclaiming "The blood is good for your roses! The blood is good for your roses!".... Her three children screaming for their Montessori teachers who never prepared them for this, hide under the bed because the mean bambi killer is on the front lawn.

Shortly after Aaron drags the carcass onto his pickup, then hangs it off the kid's swingset.... the local police pull up to the neighbor's house.

Don't laugh too much. This may be a fun filled fantasy where you live, but Connecticut? Probably closer to reality!

+Michael

The funny thing about that is, i have one neighbor that is asking me to deal with the turkeys when they roost in her yard and her trees.