PDA

View Full Version : guns and ammo shortage?

ColMike
02-10-2013, 05:47 AM
After watching Ed shooot, Pat and I went on a road trip to Gander Mountain in Auburn. ammunition stock was good. the gun cases were full to include 3 dan Wesson: CCO $1700, duty finish vbob $2500, duty finish valor $1800.

Stopped in a few local shops too, and stockage levels and sentiments were mixed. case in point...Glock 17 mags. Available in 1 of 5 shops and it had 4 @ $40.

I hope to make a GA run this week

Boats
02-10-2013, 08:33 AM
I haven't bothered looking here.

Heading to the range for the first time in a bit this morning and will check out the large GS it is attached to and report back later...

Tom

Riverpigusmc
02-10-2013, 09:12 AM
I bought the last box of LPP in the area two towns away yesterday. 39 bucks for CCI 300's. Things aren't recovering quickly here

ronpaul50
02-10-2013, 10:05 AM
Wow. $2500 for a Vbob. That's $600 more than I paid for mine in November. At least there are guns available.

ColMike
02-10-2013, 10:23 AM
Wow. $2500 for a Vbob. That's $600 more than I paid for mine in November. At least there are guns available.

I was flabbergasted that the VBOB was so high buta full size duty finish was the more 'reasonable' $1800ish. PLus 9% to the government adds over $200 to the sticker for that piece. the place was packed so I didn't bother to try and see if it was mismarked or new year's pricing or what was up with it.

deputybpfife
02-10-2013, 03:58 PM

Bought my DW CCO three weeks ago at a very large gun show, and I paid $1500 with tax. Crazy prices...

NAMVET72
02-10-2013, 04:28 PM
I bought the last box of LPP in the area two towns away yesterday. 39 bucks for CCI 300's. Things aren't recovering quickly here

They seen you coming sucker..............

Clyde

douglas_knott
02-10-2013, 04:40 PM

Clyde

lol :eek::eek::eek::eek:

sdmc530
02-10-2013, 05:26 PM
They are getting $40 here too....its really sad!

skosh69
02-10-2013, 05:33 PM
I dunno...all my LGS's have plenty of guns that I want.

Now reloading components are another story!

Riverpigusmc
02-10-2013, 06:45 PM

Clyde

Not really, if you figure the 27 buck hazmat fee buying online...plus shipping. And I got to look at Taylor :D

sdmc530
02-10-2013, 07:19 PM
I dunno...all my LGS's have plenty of guns that I want.

Now reloading components are another story!

must be nice!

Grouse
02-10-2013, 07:53 PM
My LGS has some in stock but not many of the glocks, or other sought after items. They are getting a few things in stock 1-2 at a time. Heck i picked up a shield in 9mm. I have seen about 2 dozen ar15's come through to them. bit by bit it is making it through.

Ammo is a different story. They are not getting enough ammo to sell outside of their range use. What PD ammo comes in seems to get picked over pretty quick also.

From what they have been told Federal and Winchester are sold out for the year.

dw1911
02-11-2013, 10:05 PM
Gander Mountain IS High. I saw the Dan Wesson Prices. Geez!
Sometimes they have a SALE on ammo, and it is pretty decent, but overall, Wal-Mart has the best prices on ammo. And, they are still getting it in. More lately. Keep checking your Wal Marts!

Tango3
02-14-2013, 10:33 AM
Absolutely NO ammo in .45ACP, 9mm, or .22LR for sale at LGSs or big box in my area.:crazy:

Rick

sdmc530
02-14-2013, 11:34 AM
Yeah, no ammo anywere around here at all. However I found a smaller gun shop about 2 hours from my house that has all the reloading supplies I could ever want for reasonable prices...but no bullets though....they don't sell them. PRimer/powder and all that though all the heart can get...

Roverron
02-14-2013, 11:38 AM
Try this link. It updates every 60seconds and only shows In-stock ammo. They continue to add more stores and more calibers. I've used it several times to find ammo.

http://www.gunbot.net/index.php?cal=223556

Oh yeah, they're getting ready to start displaying reloading supplies!

DrHenley
02-16-2013, 08:52 AM
After watching Ed shooot, Pat and I went on a road trip to Gander Mountain in Auburn. ammunition stock was good. the gun cases were full to include 3 dan Wesson: CCO $1700, duty finish vbob $2500, duty finish valor $1800.

I made a run over to AL yesterday and stopped by Gander Mountain. They still have the DWs. I remarked to the sales clerk about the high price on the VBob and he said he'd try to find one for me at a lower price. He got online and came up with zilch.

That was the first time I've seen a DW 1911 in a gunshop since I bought my DW Panther. None of the other gunshops in the area carry DWs.

If you make a run over here, I'm sure you know about Shooters, but also check out Nationwide Pawn shop on Farr road. Take the St Mary's road exit, go East and then turn right on Farr Road. It's way down on the left. If you miss it, you can't go very far. You'll run into Old Cusseta road. They don't sell guns but they have lots of ammo and various assundry components and mags.

(yeah I know "assundry" AIN'T in the dictionary. Try saying "various sundry" 5 times real fast then you'll see how easier "various assundry" rolls off the tongue...)

ColMike
02-16-2013, 09:19 AM

That was the first time I've seen a DW 1911 in a gunshop since I bought my DW Panther. None of the other gunshops in the area carry DWs.

If you make a run over here, I'm sure you know about Shooters, but also check out Nationwide Pawn shop on Farr road. Take the St Mary's road exit, go East and then turn right on Farr Road. It's way down on the left. If you miss it, you can't go very far. You'll run into Old Cusseta road. They don't sell guns but they have lots of ammo and various assundry components and mags.

(yeah I know "assundry" AIN'T in the dictionary. Try saying "various sundry" 5 times real fast then you'll see how easier "various assundry" rolls off the tongue...)

Thanks. I got a DW through North Side Pawn. He had to call his distrbutor, it wasn't in the display case, but he got one. I didn't know about nationwide, will give it a go nextweek as we are up in Columbus.