PDA

View Full Version : Shooting Range List

Grizzman
08-13-2011, 11:28 AM
I've been looking for a new range that's relatively close that will allow longer range shooting, but haven't had much luck yet.

The outdoor ranges I always use are Parma Woods and Lake City, in Kansas City. Both of them are public ranges ran by the Missouri Department of Conservation located in the KC metro area. Both of them have pistol lanes with a maximum distance of 25 yards and rifle lanes with a maximum of 100 yards. The cost is $3 per hour.

Please tell me (us) the ranges you use, the distances at which shooting can be done, locations, private/public, membership fees, and any other info that may be useful to someone looking for a place to shoot.

Thanks.

Grizz

douglas_knott
08-13-2011, 11:55 AM
I use private property and sometimes Pigeon Hill just south of St Joseph, Missouri. Pigeon Hill is unmanned and free for public use. I believe the ranges are 25yds, 50yds, and 100yds. They also have a shotgun range and archery range too.

230gr
08-13-2011, 01:04 PM
I've not heard of anything >100yds in our area, public or private. I use Parma Woods for ease of access and mostly pistol shooting due to thier steel bullet prohibition. I do all my milsurp and rifle at Pigeon Hill. Lake City is out of my reasonable travel radius.

NAMVET72
08-13-2011, 01:11 PM
Grizz I shoot on my Cousin 1200 + Acre Camp, and we shoot up 600 yards right Now............More to come..........:):):):)

Clyde

Grizzman
08-13-2011, 01:23 PM
This is a good start.

How about Oklahoma, Colorado, Iowa, Nebraska, Texas, and all the other states where we have members?

Grizz

Deleted
08-14-2011, 12:44 PM
Ft. Benning is right up the road from me, they do have a couple of public ranges,as far as shooting distances i don't know that.

Pretty sure you can shoot 600+ yards.

DrHenley
08-14-2011, 01:30 PM
When I was a member at the Ft. Benning range, IIRC there was a gong at 300 meters and another at 500 meters. You could probably put up a freestanding target farther - if you could see it through the weeds...

Now I have to wait til I get to the Mississippi Delta during deer season, where I can put up a target as far out into the cotton field as I want, and shoot from the bed of my truck.

230gr
08-14-2011, 01:52 PM
Fort Leavenworth allows use of it's small range if you're an ID card holder but its so laden with classes, tests, regulations, and registration (yes, weapon registration to your name by serial number) that no one I know uses it. Its basically so cumbersome, and designed to be that way, that they run off anyone.

Thedragonslayer
08-14-2011, 03:08 PM
Do to lack of need of a long range (will I ever get my AR), I only go to the indoor range and shoot pistols. Hopefully one day I will need 400 yards but not yet.

allrockabilly
08-14-2011, 08:11 PM
I am with you Grizz, good question.

Since I got my new LMT 308 I am going to want to go out farther than 100 :rolleyes:

I have a guy I work with that has like 50 acres about 2 hours south and I have talked to him about letting me go down there for a weekend and shoot and fish...etc. He is cool with it but of course it's not right around the corner.

All the outdoor ranges are 45 minutes to 1 1/2 hours from me. Maybe on a good day I can make it to Parma Woods in 40 minutes. :confused:

Grizzman
08-27-2011, 06:08 PM
Anyone else have any range info to post?

Grizz

kgh
08-27-2011, 10:40 PM
The only range that I've been to in the Omaha, NE area is The Bullet Hole. It is typically very busy. I'm not sure the range distances but their site has some of that info listed (I think).

Most of the time I shoot at my brother's house. He lives about 20 minutes from me but I can shoot up to roughly 250 yards at his house.

440brew
11-02-2012, 07:15 PM
the pawnee grass lands near Fort Collins CO is limitless. there is plenty of room to shoot and you can go out as far as you want to walk the target!:D

Grizzman
11-02-2012, 07:54 PM
Thanks. I sent the info to a friend of mine that lives in Boulder. I've suggested he try it out before I visit next.

Grizz

Roverron
11-02-2012, 07:56 PM
Thr OKC GUN CLUB, all divisions incl rifle out to 600 yds. Plus, this:

Action Pistol League (IPSC)

Air Gun Silhouette

Archery

Benchrest
- Iron Sight
- Ultimate Squirrel Rifle .22LR
- Fellowship Shoot
- Military Bolt-Action Rifle
- Military Revolver
- Prairie Dog Match

Blackpowder Cartridge Rifle Silhouette

Bullseye Pistol

Collegiate Division

Cowboy Action Shooting

High Power Rifle

Highpower Rifle Silhouette

Muzzleloader

Pistol Silhouette

Plinking Range

Primer Steel

Shotgun
- League

Women
Youth

BigJim
12-24-2012, 10:52 AM
My buddy just built a range near El Dorado Springs Mo.

100,200,& 300 yd rifle range,7 pistol/carbine lanes for IDPA etc..

PM me for info.

GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS!!!

LexKing
12-24-2012, 03:38 PM
Here is a WebSite (http://wheretoshoot.org/Find_Range/index.asp) that will help you find a shooting range near you. It actually works pretty well.