PDA

View Full Version : Luger Model 1914

Jdl2
11-12-2013, 08:12 PM
Okay my friends. I've been asked to take on an interesting project and you are just the guys to help me:). My 91 year old uncle (Don) brought home from the WW2 European Theater a Luger Model 1914. Unfortunately, a local sporting goods store owner convinced Don to swap for a Ruger 22 pistol. We do have the original Provideince papers with the SN and if possible he'd like to get it back. The store is long gone and it's owner long dead. I need some suggestions please.
Thanks!
Jim

Xbonz
11-12-2013, 08:20 PM
Not to be smart alecky or crass, but I would suggest prayer.

Failing that, go to county or city office where business was located, to get as much info on the owner(s) as possible. Track down any relatives or ex-employees and begin questioning. You can also ask LEA's for serial number search. Check local gun stores and ask them to search for s/n's or transactions involving any similar weapons.
Best of luck!!

NAMVET72
11-12-2013, 08:24 PM
Jim might check the ATF's website that might Help You Good Luck,

Clyde

Caleb
11-12-2013, 08:37 PM
Oh man that sucks, good luck in your search (unfortunately I'm of no help here).

TLE2
11-13-2013, 07:26 PM
My father's Luger is gone too. The authorities got it. Some policeman has a nice trophy in his case.

mrerick
11-15-2013, 06:06 PM
NY Handguns have to be registered with the local sheriff and placed upon concealed carry permits. It was that way over 20 years ago when I lived there.

It's possible that a local sheriff would be willing to help you.

There is also a LugerForum.com that you could post your request on.

Marc

AutoMag
11-17-2013, 07:43 PM
Jim, get with the ATF. When he closed his sporting goods store he would have had to turn in all of his transaction books on all of his firearm sales.