PDA

View Full Version : Low Light Pistol Class

Deleted
04-13-2014, 02:10 AM
Just got done with a low light pistol class, This is the third class I've taken from Black Skull Tactical Applications.

Shooting in a low light situation is awkward at best, The whole dynamics of shooting changes, For those who get a chance to take a class do so, it is something worth the time and money.

Clint Hoover owner of BSTA had A Inforce Lights Rep at the class, He brought some goodies to hand out, Inforce is a great weapon light system and won't break the bank, 100% MADE IN AMERICA, They have a New 500 lumens light due to come out next week and WE were the first ones outside of Inforce to give them a go. The rep was super good guy, Handed me on of their WML 200 lumens lights for my AR and told me to call him next week and he'll send me a 500 lumens and one of their 6vx hand held lights.(all for FREE)

If you are in the market for a good rugged dependable light check them out.

BlackKnight
04-13-2014, 10:44 AM
Low light is a whole different animal that many overlook.
Here in N.J. all law enforcement must qualify in low light or simulated. Since we shoot outside several years ago we instituted a schedule change to actually shoot at night. Some agencies also have indoor ranges where they can turn off the lights.
I have one Inforce weapon light. It's ok. Nothing that will make me run out and replace my Surefire's.

milkmanjoe
04-13-2014, 11:41 AM
Low light shooting is damn near scary. Anyone on the fence about taking classes in low light should take the plunge. A whole different world to be learned there. And pistol to rifle(carbine) transition in low light is a helluva lotta fun.
Me, I been tired the last year, don't go out after dark, so no need to worry, I won't miss and shoot ya.

Deleted
04-13-2014, 02:56 PM
Inforce WML 200 Lumens 2 settings Low/High with strobe and Momentary

This thing is programable you can have change which power comes on first low or high and you can disable the strobe.

Solid lockup and very durable you can run this light over with a truck.

This is the very reason I went with the 12" Troy rail so I can run the light at the 12 o'clock position.

http://i738.photobucket.com/albums/xx22/springfield45/000_0029_zpsa7d52d05.jpg (http://s738.photobucket.com/user/springfield45/media/000_0029_zpsa7d52d05.jpg.html)

skosh69
04-13-2014, 08:52 PM
cool beans brother....ya gonna get your pino brother a light too?

Deleted
04-13-2014, 09:11 PM
cool beans brother....ya gonna get your pino brother a light too?

Tell you what when he sends me one for the pistol it's yours

ColMike
04-13-2014, 09:17 PM
BZ Edward

skosh69
04-13-2014, 09:21 PM
Tell you what when he sends me one for the pistol it's yours

I was only joking brother, it's all good. You're the one doing the real life training, you need it more than me!