PDA

View Full Version : Army to replace 9mm pistol....

Xbonz
07-12-2014, 02:00 PM
....with more reliable gun packing better 'knock down’ power

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/07/12/army-to-replace-mm-pistol-with-more-reliable-gun-packing-better-knock-down/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+foxnews%2Fpolitics+%28Interna l+-+Politics+-+Text%29

Wow. I didn't know pistols had any "knock down" power. Except maybe the 50AE :D

Love the comments at the end of the article....

skosh69
07-12-2014, 02:31 PM
The Army finally realized that 17 rds of pew pew 9mm just wasn't getting the job done...time to go back to the 45!!!!

Lonestar grips.
07-12-2014, 02:43 PM
The Army finally realized that 17 rds of pew pew 9mm just wasn't getting the job done...time to go back to the 45!!!!

Damn Straight!

T.S.
07-12-2014, 02:55 PM

Roger that!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CTbmSEhDVQ

skosh69
07-12-2014, 03:55 PM
What's really funny about this is the irony.

In the late 1800's, early 1900's the Army was using the .38 revolver and getting their asses handed to them by my ancestors. Yes, that's right, the expeditionary forces that were fighting in the Philippines were getting hammered as the 38 special round was found to be ineffective against the pinos. That's where JMB comes into the picture and the rest is how we say "history".

Fast forward 70 some years and the Army says, we need to replace the aging 1911 with something modern with more capacity. The 9mm Beretta M9 is now the Army's weapon of choice.

A few wars in the middle east and the Army and Marines realize that the 9mm is crap for stopping oncoming enemy. They are dumping the M9 and the Marines, at least for now, are going back to the 1911 because of it's stopping power. I hope the Army follows suit.

They say history repeats itself and here is a fine example.

What is said above is just my opinion and probably prone to errors.