PDA

View Full Version : The US should learn this lesson

Gatorade
07-14-2014, 07:55 AM
https://www.yahoo.com/news/captain-phillips-strikes-back-off-horn-africa-pirates-120004638.html

Somali pirates are quitting because they are meeting resistance. In some cases armed resistance. The word is getting out that they may be killed or put in jail for a long time. So they are looking for targets that don't have the security and are easier to take. Sounds like a lesson we need taught here. Being armed and prepared to defend our families and properties doesn't make us gun nuts. It does make us safer.

Franklin
07-14-2014, 04:18 PM
That makes good sense to me. Thank you for posting this. Good article.

Gatorade
07-14-2014, 04:52 PM
I think it is ironic that one of the pirates who were forced to leave his lucrative pirate job went back to his low paying job as a security guard until things cool down a bit and the ships are not as heavily protected. Then he will go back to his lucrative pirate job.

I would love to have seen how that interview went.

Interviewer- do you have any experience?

Ex-pirate- Yes I looted peoples goods and held thier crew for ransom. I will be excellent at protecting your goods and your employees safety.

Interviewer- excellent can you start on Monday?

Ex-pirate- Argh. I mean yes see you then. Do I bring my own. AK47 or do you have one for me?

Interviewer- you get a night stick and a polyester uniform.

Ex-pirate- This job already sucks. See you Monday.