PDA

View Full Version : Carrying concealed

Franklin
07-20-2014, 12:48 PM
We have many members here who are better shots than me, much better trained (guys like Hodawg were SWAT instructors). My claim to fame is I am very observant and I truly care...I like people...but I am a marginal instructor.
Below is our Facebook page. I put several videos of our Threat Focused Shooting and scenarios run. I also describe how to Threat Focus Shoot. Look at the fourth video. He starts at the hip and fires as he brings the gun up to shoulder point. There is no pause in fire and the bullets zip up the body. The drill was shown (taught) to me by Mr. Robin Brown. I am good enough to clean his gun. :) I then showed the drill to our SWAT team...who stole it and called it their own. :) the things we do are ripples on the water...let it be good!
Hope you find it interesting. Find a buddy and a range that allows practical shooting and practice practice practice.
I shoot weekly and am always amazed when new shooters are natural better than me...that is just wrong!
Franklin

https://m.facebook.com/BasicsRangeandGun

NAMVET72
07-20-2014, 01:02 PM
Franklin that is not what I hear about ..................

Clyde

MPDC
07-20-2014, 02:13 PM
Good share my friend. I hear you are a pretty fair shot but know you are a good friend and grill a mean steak! :p

milkmanjoe
07-20-2014, 02:31 PM
Franklin...Great post....I follow your facebook, watch all the vids.....Someday I hope to be able to shoot defensively in a manner that will not embarrass me.....

Good on ya for giving Robin Brown creds. I dig that.

Shadow
07-20-2014, 04:04 PM
I put several videos of our Threat Focused Shooting and scenarios run. I also describe how to Threat Focus Shoot. Look at the fourth video. He starts at the hip and fires as he brings the gun up to shoulder point. There is no pause in fire and the bullets zip up the body. The drill was shown (taught) to me by Mr. Robin Brown. I am good enough to clean his gun. :) I then showed the drill to our SWAT team...who stole it and called it their own. :) the things we do are ripples on the water...let it be good!
Hope you find it interesting. Find a buddy and a range that allows practical shooting and practice practice practice.
I shoot weekly and am always amazed when new shooters are natural better than me...that is just wrong!
The videos are great, Franklin. I am taking Brownie's Threat Focused Class in November. Really looking forward to it, but a bit concerned I may not have the stamina for 2 days, 1200-1500 rounds :eek:

And hoping it is not hot... I have trained several times with Terry & Will and get VERY overheated when it is hot.