PDA

View Full Version : Fixed blade private karma!

sstpierre
07-24-2014, 08:43 PM
Unbelievable generosity, Andy (edgehill) sent me the most impressive gift, a Spyderco Perrin Fixed Blade, with Panther Concealment Custom sheath!

Back story here is I used to have this same exact rig, during a time where finances dictated I needed a boost, I sold it to a great guy (Xbonz) who always said I could buy it back anytime. (Class Act!)

I always had intention of doing so, but due to budget, have always had to err on the side of food, meds, bills, rent etc.

Then along comes a package today, when I arrived home from work, BOOM!

Andy had sent me the same exact setup, in a most thoughtful and generous gesture! Andy said he was inspired by Clyde, and I am just totally blown away!

The COTEP religion is truly a great thing! And all the members here have been nothing short of fantastic when it comes to being true awesome folks!

Andy, your truly a great guy for recognizing my void and placing an incredible karma in my hands!

I'll post some pics when I get a chance to take em!

My MANY MANY thanks to Andy, and to Clyde for giving him the inspiration!

I am truly blessed!

-scott

ETA: PICTURES!

Riverpigusmc
07-24-2014, 08:46 PM
Welcome to the brethren, both of y'all

Great gesture, Andy

ColMike
07-24-2014, 08:48 PM
BZ Andy

NAMVET72
07-24-2014, 08:51 PM
Welcome to the brethren, both of y'all

Great gesture, Andy

BZ Andy

Exactly why we are selective on who we let on OUR FORUM.....

BZ to Andy and Scott2 we don't believe it until we see it:eek::D

Clyde

edgehill
07-24-2014, 08:53 PM
Hope it serves you well.

GD2A
07-24-2014, 08:57 PM
Great story - COTEP rocks!

Now what the heck is "BZ"???

AutoMag
07-24-2014, 08:59 PM
Congrats to you both but we really do need a picture!!!:D

NAMVET72
07-24-2014, 09:10 PM
Great story - COTEP rocks!

Now what the heck is "BZ"???

Military Term Bravo Zulu................. Or you could have googled it..........

Means well done,,,,,,,,,:eek::D

Clyde

GD2A
07-24-2014, 09:32 PM
Military Term Bravo Zulu................. Or you could have googled it..........

Means well done,,,,,,,,,:eek::D

Clyde

http://www.acronymfinder.com/BZ.html

Yeah or not so much ... give a guy a little credit :)

Thanks for cracking the code for me!

sstpierre
07-24-2014, 10:28 PM
Pictures added in original post!

Thanks again Andy!

-scott

BadOscar
07-24-2014, 11:32 PM
Nice, I like Spyderco's. I just ordered another because I lost mine. I bet it's somewhere in the house, I just cant find it.

Sheepdog
07-25-2014, 12:07 AM
Congrats scott! Nice move Andy.

sdmc530
07-25-2014, 01:18 AM
Congrats scott! Nice move Andy.

yes, class act!!! Not to thread jack but a certain guy on here sent me a EDC knife that I love. I carry it every day on duty...He might even chime in....Great people on here no doubt!!! Heck I don't like some of my family as much as some of you guys!

milkmanjoe
07-25-2014, 04:36 AM
So I had a really crappy day yesterday, went to bed real early last nite and wake up to see this great story. Yesterday just went away. Great thing to do, Andy....... Scott, wear it in good health.

NAMVET72
07-25-2014, 06:19 PM
Sorry Scott2 you are two young for that Big of a Blade send it to me and I will grind it down for you:eek::eek::eek::eek::D

Clyde

sstpierre
07-25-2014, 06:23 PM
Andy is the rock star here! You all have done a great job letting him know that as well, much deserved thoughts and attaboys! Truly a gift from the heart, one I will never forget!

I am still reeling, I feel very honored, and to honor Andy giving me this blade I vow to wear it as much as possible. I hadn't really got around to wearing my original one before I sold it, I put this one on this morning, got used to it right away at a 4-4:30 position, and kept it on all day.

Felt great knowing I had such a blade at my disposal, wore well, and comfortably!

Thanks again Andy! Are you relegated to just the Hen&Rooster for carry now? I hope you don't feel a void!

-scott

MPDC
07-25-2014, 06:24 PM
Great "Mitzva", Andy! (ask Bonz, lol). That lunch is on me. :p

edgehill
07-25-2014, 09:47 PM
Andy is the rock star here! You all have done a great job letting him know that as well, much deserved thoughts and attaboys! Truly a gift from the heart, one I will never forget!

I am still reeling, I feel very honored, and to honor Andy giving me this blade I vow to wear it as much as possible. I hadn't really got around to wearing my original one before I sold it, I put this one on this morning, got used to it right away at a 4-4:30 position, and kept it on all day.

Felt great knowing I had such a blade at my disposal, wore well, and comfortably!

Thanks again Andy! Are you relegated to just the Hen&Rooster for carry now? I hope you don't feel a void!

-scott

I've been carrying 10.5 inches of high carbon steel. No void.

Caleb
07-25-2014, 10:20 PM
Stand up move Andy, BZ! (I learned a new acronym today)

scott2: Get used to seeing these kind of gestures here. These guys are ALL rockstars! THIS IS what COTEP is really about....helping Family out. Yes, we are Family.

Congrats.

AutoMag
07-25-2014, 10:32 PM
I've been carrying 10.5 inches of high carbon steel. No void.

I am carrying 10.5" also................Oh you mean the knife!!!!!!!:D:D

I am talking about my 44 AutoMag Pistol you clowns!!!!!

brownie
07-28-2014, 11:25 AM
Very nice gesture sir

edgehill
08-29-2014, 12:20 PM
scott was generous in kind. He sent me a nice set of kitchen knives.

http://i1078.photobucket.com/albums/w494/edgehill2/D1F1229E-B171-45D9-B3B5-B807BF0912AF_zpswwmb9vsi.jpg

Mrs. Edgehill was very pleased by scott's gift.

Riverpigusmc
08-29-2014, 12:29 PM
Good deal

LittleGator
08-29-2014, 03:39 PM
Henckles. . . wife and I have had a set for over 20 years, very nice knives! Enjoy!

Gatorade
08-29-2014, 04:50 PM
Those full tang Henkels are great. I have had my 8" chef and 4" paring knife for years. I have a dozen other knives on the wall beside them and those two get 95% of the jobs done in a hard working family kitchen.

sstpierre
08-29-2014, 09:35 PM
Glad they were well received Andy! I am still very grateful for your generosity, and happy I could get something to you that was useful. Bonus that your Wife is happy about them too!

I have been wearing the Perrin every day, it is now a part of me, I never leave home without it! It is truly a cherished blade, one for the great blade it is, and two for the very special way it came to me.

Thanks again Andy for your thoughtful generosity!

-scott

brownie
08-29-2014, 11:37 PM
Henckles. . . wife and I have had a set for over 20 years, very nice knives! Enjoy!

Have a full set sitting in the butcher block near the stove here as well. :cool: