PDA

View Full Version : Do you know how many times can you- - -

brownie
08-06-2014, 10:12 PM
“tap” someone in one second with either or both hands while defending yourself?

How many times can you cut someone with a blade in one second while defending yourself with either or both hands?

How many times can you shoot someone in one second staying COM from 3 yrds, not including the draw? Ever been timed to know what your “splits” are?

How fast is your draw stroke/speed from concealed? From open carry? Ever been timed?

How many times can you hit someone with a stick, using either or both hands together?

Does hand speed matter to you?

If so, why? If not, why not?

DrHenley
08-06-2014, 11:14 PM
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp (who lived to 80)

bigapl
08-07-2014, 02:40 AM
Never checked but very good question

sdmc530
08-07-2014, 06:47 AM
I don't want to be close enough to anyone who can cut me. speed matters...I can draw, fire twice in 2 seconds....

I practice a lot!

milkmanjoe
08-07-2014, 11:13 AM
I don't use a timer, but I think I can unload a G17, from crotch on target to skull, in under 6 secs. You might know my time better, Brownie.

LittleGator
08-07-2014, 11:42 AM
Drawing from OWB (open carry) one shot COM in 1.24 (or was it 1.34?). That was a couple of years ago. Have not been timed for 2 shots or from IWB (concealed) draw.

Barbie
08-07-2014, 02:42 PM
Not timed with knives. I know I had it slapped out fast last time I tried to practice :eek: Held it better later but still slow. I've always thought it's not worth to time it if you are too slow to count for anything :D and I’m slow.

Shooting, timed IWB OC (garments out of the way), best was first at 1.36, 6 under 2 secs COM to head. Drill with only 6 rounds. Fully covered… pff… first between 1.96-2.30 :p … all this more than a year ago… so totally not valid. For me speed is a very perishable skill. You don’t practice, you lose it.

But... real life... a lot have to do with reaction time and while the best average would be .25 (?) (human reaction to action-not drawing time), mine is really not close to that… and I would dare to say most people around the street go with minds somewhere else… so that adds up to much more… So my question to you, Brownie…. How important is timing when it is done under special conditions? When you are timed you are hyped for the buzz…. (It is like walking in a dangerous situation fully knowing what you are getting into). There is a surprise factor but you are half there already. At least for me, who trains for self-defense situations and not competitions nor professional responses, it’s a little senseless. Does it really give you useful information? If so… what information?

eta: when I said "Does it really give you useful information?" I did not mean "you" but anybody...like me :)

Riverpigusmc
08-07-2014, 09:27 PM
I'm old. I'm slower. I can still catch a fly in the air, a snake behind the head before it strikes, or a boob before I'm slapped

brownie
08-07-2014, 10:54 PM
I don't use a timer, but I think I can unload a G17, from crotch on target to skull, in under 6 secs. You might know my time better, Brownie.

I would guess you can unload a g17 in 4.5 seconds. 6 seconds is less that 3 rounds per second, you're trigger speed is faster than that Joe. :)

brownie
08-07-2014, 10:58 PM
I don't want to be close enough to anyone who can cut me. speed matters...I can draw, fire twice in 2 seconds....

I practice a lot!

I'm timed at .43 seconds to the first shot from the holster open carried and .88-.94 from concealed to first shot. Splits run .14 [ on a good day ] to .20 seconds. That's 4-5 rounds a second running the trigger of either a G17 [ or any glock ] or a 1911. I might get another round per second with the shooter 1911 trigger weight.

The above from 6 feet using WW2 1/2 hip. This skill can be used out to 10-12 feet when you own the skill.

brownie
08-07-2014, 11:02 PM
Not timed with knives. I know I had it slapped out fast last time I tried to practice :eek: Held it better later but still slow. I've always thought it's not worth to time it if you are too slow to count for anything :D and I’m slow.

Shooting, timed IWB OC (garments out of the way), best was first at 1.36, 6 under 2 secs COM to head. Drill with only 6 rounds. Fully covered… pff… first between 1.96-2.30 :p … all this more than a year ago… so totally not valid. For me speed is a very perishable skill. You don’t practice, you lose it.

But... real life... a lot have to do with reaction time and while the best average would be .25 (?) (human reaction to action-not drawing time), mine is really not close to that… and I would dare to say most people around the street go with minds somewhere else… so that adds up to much more… So my question to you, Brownie…. How important is timing when it is done under special conditions? When you are timed you are hyped for the buzz…. (It is like walking in a dangerous situation fully knowing what you are getting into). There is a surprise factor but you are half there already. At least for me, who trains for self-defense situations and not competitions nor professional responses, it’s a little senseless. Does it really give you useful information? If so… what information?

eta: when I said "Does it really give you useful information?" I did not mean "you" but anybody...like me :)

It does give useful information for future training to set guidelines of where you are presently in time and how your performance increases or decreases with regular training and when you haven't trained [ thus giving you and idea of the degradation you speak of. :cool:

BeerHunter
11-21-2014, 12:12 PM
I'm timed at .43 seconds to the first shot from the holster open carried and .88-.94 from concealed to first shot. Splits run .14 [ on a good day ] to .20 seconds. That's 4-5 rounds a second running the trigger of either a G17 [ or any glock ] or a 1911. I might get another round per second with the shooter 1911 trigger weight.

The above from 6 feet using WW2 1/2 hip. This skill can be used out to 10-12 feet when you own the skill.

Well I wouldn't have guessed it but two weeks ago, draw from OWB open carry was on the order of ~1.5 sec for two COM shots, one on each of two perps at bad breath distance. With practice, I'm sure I can get that time down without loosing accuracy. That was one hellova confidence building drill you ran us through! :D

brownie
11-21-2014, 01:08 PM
Well I wouldn't have guessed it but two weeks ago, draw from OWB open carry was on the order of ~1.5 sec for two COM shots, one on each of two perps at bad breath distance. With practice, I'm sure I can get that time down without loosing accuracy. That was one hellova confidence building drill you ran us through! :D

All things are possible, your mind is the limiting factor ;)

Deleted
11-26-2014, 11:18 PM
I am Good enough with my hands, Knife and gun that you really don't want to find out.

brownie
11-27-2014, 08:52 AM
I am Good enough with my hands, Knife and gun that you really don't want to find out.

Good enough? :cool:

I've never stopped training as I still don't feel I'm good enough. :o

Deleted
11-27-2014, 12:28 PM
Good enough? :cool:

I've never stopped training as I still don't feel I'm good enough. :o

Never said I've stopped training DID I?

I'm confident in my ability to defend myself at anytime. You of all people being the training GOD that you are should know that if you lack the confidence and have one Iota that you may be defeated then you are already defeated.

brownie
11-27-2014, 04:12 PM
I'm confident in my ability to defend myself at anytime.

That's nice.

You of all people being the training GOD that you are

You must be listening to some of the students or reading their reviews to make that statement. You couldn't have gotten it anywhere else. Appreciate your thoughts.

Deleted
11-27-2014, 06:40 PM
I'm confident in my ability to defend myself at anytime.

That's nice.

You of all people being the training GOD that you are

You must be listening to some of the students or reading their reviews to make that statement. You couldn't have gotten it anywhere else. Appreciate your thoughts.

You are a PUTZ in my opinion, and these people here hang onto your every word......Fools......Yes I've watched a few of your videos, Nothing special samething all others are teaching.

You and I had words over on FCC about training.....You act like your method is the only method, You dismissed what I had to say. And if your were trying to be a smartass with your "That's nice' comment sorry but try that shit on some one who might really give a damn about you.

skosh69
11-27-2014, 07:25 PM
Anyone want some popcorn????

Riverpigusmc
11-27-2014, 07:49 PM
keep it civil, this ain't FCC

jmlutz
11-27-2014, 07:52 PM
This is Thanksgiving,no reason for this nonsense.

Deleted
11-27-2014, 08:02 PM
keep it civil, this ain't FCC

No but near about it.

Deleted
11-27-2014, 08:33 PM
case in point , But a little more advance then what you show

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152791535789179&fref=nf

brownie
11-28-2014, 04:23 AM
You are a PUTZ in my opinion, and these people here hang onto your every word......Fools......Yes I've watched a few of your videos, Nothing special samething all others are teaching.

You and I had words over on FCC about training.....You act like your method is the only method, You dismissed what I had to say. And if your were trying to be a smartass with your "That's nice' comment sorry but try that shit on some one who might really give a damn about you.

Everyone's got an opinion, you're certainly entitled to yours.

You act like your method is the only method

Again, you're entitled to your opinion, however the fact remains I train 8-10 various skills in the course of fire that covers ww2 through the 60's in skills from various systems, there's no "method" to the training. It's a compilation of several training methodologies.

You dismissed what I had to say.

As I dismissed your obvious attack on my person in this thread. Seems you're carrying some baggage around but you're entitled to do that as well.

case in point , But a little more advance then what you show

If the disarm function works, it works. There's nothing advanced about disarms, they work or they don't. His work in the vid, mine work, others may or may not work. Mine have worked on the streets twice in the real world, no need for "advanced" anything where disarms are concerned.

brownie
11-28-2014, 05:06 AM
No but near about it.

Thanks for your opinion, I'm sure the owner and mods appreciate your thoughts ;)

skosh69
11-28-2014, 10:04 AM
This thread needs to close.....oh wait, only my threads get closed :eek:

I'm only kidding....can't we all get along????? :D

For the record, I had nuttin' to do with the fighting this time nanner

brownie
11-28-2014, 01:14 PM
This thread needs to close.....oh wait, only my threads get closed :eek:

I'm only kidding....can't we all get along????? :D

For the record, I had nuttin' to do with the fighting this time nanner

Who's fighting? It's become a lively discussion, with personal opinions another member stated as fact when there's no substantiating/supporting evidence. :eek:

skosh69
11-28-2014, 10:44 PM
Who's fighting? It's become a lively discussion, with personal opinions another member stated as fact when there's no substantiating/supporting evidence. :eek:

The two if you that's who. It's bullshit if you ask me, especially since my friend got banned over this crap.

Not sure what started it and I really don't give a flying f***, but this shit has got to stop.

What really posses me off is this shit could've been prevented by closing this pissing contest down, but nooooo...it was allowed to escalate to the point to where it is now.

I guess I was right when I said only my threads get closed.

Ban me, I gives a flying rats ass!

jmlutz
11-28-2014, 11:08 PM
Calm Down......

BadOscar
11-28-2014, 11:15 PM
The two if you that's who. It's bullshit if you ask me, especially since my friend got banned over this crap.

Not sure what started it and I really don't give a flying f***, but this shit has got to stop.

What really posses me off is this shit could've been prevented by closing this pissing contest down, but nooooo...it was allowed to escalate to the point to where it is now.

I guess I was right when I said only my threads get closed.

Ban me, I gives a flying rats ass!

Easy does it Ell, nobody is banned for good yet. There is an ignore function on the site and this could have been avoided easily by that also. We should all be smart enough to take some personal responsibility to not read the peoples posts that upset us. If you have had a hard time with a particular person on another site chances are it will not get magically better here. You know we don't typically jump to locking things here like that other site that we all really don't like that much.

jmlutz
11-28-2014, 11:16 PM
I don't know Brownie ,but he did not start this.We have to accept the fact that one of our friends made a major ass of himself and got booted out of here.It's pretty much that simple.I hate it,but it's just the way it is.

BadOscar
11-28-2014, 11:22 PM
I don't know Brownie ,but he did not start this.We have to accept the fact that one of our friends made a major ass of himself and got booted out of here.It's pretty much that simple.I hate it,but it's just the way it is.

He was just given a 7 day break to cool off, not booted. I hope he comes back and uses the ignore function.

Continue on... Sorry for the thread hijack.

douglas_knott
11-28-2014, 11:58 PM
yeah I doubt he'll be back.

DrHenley
11-29-2014, 09:28 AM
I hope Brother Spratan comes back but not with any more baggage from [unnamed site]. How much more trouble is [unnamed site] going to cause here?

Brother Ell, I am an administrator on another gun related board and have to deal with this kind of thing every now and then. Keeping squabbling members in line without being overly heavy handed is not an easy task, and no matter what you do, someone will think you aren't being "fair" to someone. I think the management here does as good a job as they can. Nobody's perfect.

http://www.cotep.org/forum/picture.php?albumid=22&pictureid=888