PDA

View Full Version : Disarming the snub nose revolver

brownie
10-17-2014, 05:06 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugxdWwLdCAA&feature=youtu.be

Slow motion is 1/4 speed

BlackKnight
10-17-2014, 05:15 PM
Similar tactics to what I teach with the exception of trying to worry whether it's a revolver or not.
I've pressured tested it with simunition and airsoft guns.

brownie
10-17-2014, 05:38 PM
I don't worry about if it's a revo either, other than I understand binding the cylinder is going to happen when a revo is introduced. Skills work whether it's a B92 service weapon, 1911 or any other revo/semiauto. ;)

edgehill
10-17-2014, 06:20 PM
Mrs Edgehill and I watched this last night. Great video

brownie
10-17-2014, 06:55 PM
Thanks to both of you, tell the Mrs I said hello for me

Caleb
10-17-2014, 07:04 PM
Great video! Thanks for posting. I needvto get some training in.

brownie
10-17-2014, 07:07 PM
Thanks Caleb

Xbonz
10-17-2014, 07:08 PM
I've had the pleasure of getting that training, with blue guns, from some guy who makes these instructional videos.
A- it works.
B- almost anybody can do it
C- the instructor knows his sheet..

brownie
10-17-2014, 07:09 PM
I've had the pleasure of getting that training, with blue guns, from some guy who makes these instructional videos.
A- it works.

:cool: I think I know that trainer :D

sdmc530
10-17-2014, 07:14 PM
good video for sure...is that Ellison in video, guy was sporting Filipino foot wear!

sstpierre
10-19-2014, 01:42 PM
A- it works.

I agree with the bolded!

I had a very short and sweet version of gun disarm training, during break from the pistol class I was so very fortunate to have been at with Brownie instructing!

Thanks to whoever told me to keep my finger out of the trigger guard, otherwise I would not have my index finger today. (or it would have been seriously remanipulated!!!!)

Brownie owned me, easily within 6 feet, and while I did not get fully trained there, his approach to the disarm is VERY effective for him for sure! Whether standing away from him, or pointing it at his head, and chest, I was done before I could pull the trigger, and in some cases he turned the gun around and had me shoot myself... :eek:

:hail:

-scott

brownie
11-29-2014, 12:42 PM
Scott, you crack me up. :)

We had a good time with you on the range and during the lunch breaks. Appreciate the thoughts sir.