PDA

View Full Version : 15 Best Handguns Ever Made

Sheepdog
11-18-2014, 12:35 PM
Thoughts?

http://www.washingtontimes.com/multimedia/collection/best-handguns-ever-made/

sdmc530
11-18-2014, 12:51 PM
The NAVY Colt was not listed, should have IMO...good guns on the list though.

milkmanjoe
11-18-2014, 12:56 PM
I think it depends on the application for the pistol. And on when the particular pistol was popular. First pistol....G17...no secret to be a favorite of mine, an EDC pistol for years for me. Times like now, possible civil unrest across the country regarding Ferguson, the G17 is on my hip. With modern ammunition it is the best SD pistol there is. Second gun....1911...my other EDC pistol. We all know what a well tuned 1911 is to shoot, and shoot accurately with great follow ups.

However. In recent months certain Law Enforcement Agencies have announced a return to 9mm for their duty weapons. This has already caused a shortage of the best performing SD 9mm ammo.

With G17's going thirsty for quality SD ammo, and 1911's holding 8 + 1, I see alot of people switching to Glock 30's, 30sf's, 30s, 21 and 21sf. All .45 caliber, each holding minimum 10 +1.

JMHO

Caleb
11-18-2014, 02:49 PM
I scrolled down too far and found this ( The 15 best cheerleading
squads in the NFL) and forgot about the original reason for visiting that link. funny

Good guns on that list.

milkmanjoe
11-18-2014, 03:13 PM
I scrolled down too far and found this ( The 15 best cheerleading
squads in the NFL) and forgot about the original reason for visiting that link. funny

Good guns on that list.

NFL Cheerleader wardrobe failure got me....:D

GD2A
11-18-2014, 03:19 PM
I haven't shot every gun on that list but I'd like to. No doubt one could pick nits and lament that "special one" that didn't make it but I think it's a solid list.

skosh69
11-18-2014, 07:54 PM
The fact that the Glick 17 was #1 on the list made me question the validity of the list, but whatever...I'm just biased. I think it's a pretty good list. Balanced and well rounded, sorta like me :D

dw1911
11-18-2014, 08:15 PM
Why, Oh Why does a Glock deserve #1 then # 2 is a 1911?
I don't get it. :confused:

sdmc530
11-18-2014, 09:19 PM
Why, Oh Why does a Glock deserve #1 then # 2 is a 1911?
I don't get it. :confused:

I didn't think that was right either but didn't know if the 1-15 was any order of just the top 15.....1911 should have been 1 obviously if this this the case. I would then put the glock #2 though, it had a HUGE impact on the gun world.

milkmanjoe
11-18-2014, 10:00 PM
The Glock will keep outpacing the 1911. Eighteen rounds on board in a gun that just plain runs. I have one on my hip with over 100K rounds through it and I have not even replaced the recoil spring. My first love is the 1911 platform. But realistically, in modern times, no pistol outruns a Glock. The G17 is also the platform for the G18, the full auto pistol used by Israeli Forces, as well as other agencies. It is what it is. Romantically the 1911 will always rule. Functionally the Glock rules.

skosh69
11-18-2014, 10:37 PM
The Glock will keep outpacing the 1911. Eighteen rounds on board in a gun that just plain runs. I have one on my hip with over 100K rounds through it and I have not even replaced the recoil spring. My first love is the 1911 platform. But realistically, in modern times, no pistol outruns a Glock. The G17 is also the platform for the G18, the full auto pistol used by Israeli Forces, as well as other agencies. It is what it is. Romantically the 1911 will always rule. Functionally the Glock rules.

So why aren't there more Glock race guns than 2011's, based on the 1911, race guns in Limited and Open division USPSA? Some of these guys have mags that hold 28 rounds. I know there is the Glock team and I have seen some tricked out Glocks, a member here builds them, but never the less, so far I've seen far fewer of them at both comps then any other gun.

Not trying to pick a fight with you brother, just trying to understand.

I guess it really all boils down to personal preference. I've shot a Glock, didn't like it...not one bit. I will not buy a gun based on functionality, especially if it's FUGLY!

Enjoy your Glock, I'll enjoy my M&P and together we'll enjoy our 1911's :D

Sheepdog
11-18-2014, 11:16 PM
So why aren't there more Glock race guns than 2011's, based on the 1911, race guns in Limited and Open division USPSA? Some of these guys have mags that hold 28 rounds. I know there is the Glock team and I have seen some tricked out Glocks, a member here builds them, but never the less, so far I've seen far fewer of them at both comps then any other gun.

Not trying to pick a fight with you brother, just trying to understand.

I guess it really all boils down to personal preference. I've shot a Glock, didn't like it...not one bit. I will not buy a gun based on functionality, especially if it's FUGLY!

Enjoy your Glock, I'll enjoy my M&P and together we'll enjoy our 1911's :D

I'll put my 2011's up against any Glock. Lets face it Glocks are a great $400 gun. If they cost a $1000 nobody would own one.

In answer to your question;

They have the ergonomics of a brick.

If you have ever pulled the trigger on one, thats self explanatory.

Lock time of a flintlock

Kaboom!

Stamped steel parts.

DrHenley
11-18-2014, 11:35 PM
And because nobody ever talks about "1911 Leg Syndrome." :eek:

http://www.cotep.org/forum/picture.php?albumid=22&pictureid=888

Sheepdog
11-18-2014, 11:59 PM
And because nobody ever talks about "1911 Leg Syndrome." :eek:

http://www.cotep.org/forum/picture.php?albumid=22&pictureid=888

Forgot that one. As pig would say "brake pedal on the accelerator."

Glock leg syndrome is where the gun discharges while being reholstered. Shirt tail, old poorly designed holster.........