PDA

View Full Version : families to sue over Newtown

skosh69
12-15-2014, 10:28 AM
So families from the Newtown, Conn killings by Adam Lanza are going to sue Bushmaster and the guns distributors.

What a crock sheet.

Nobody ever sues Ford, Chevy, Budweiser, Jack Daniels or the likes when one of their products kills someone or entire families.

http://news.kron4.com/news/newtown-victims-families-suing-gunmaker-and-seller/

milkmanjoe
12-15-2014, 11:25 AM
Doubt it'll go far except to hurt Bushmaster's bottom line a bit.

Snipersnest
12-15-2014, 12:26 PM
This has been tried before in other states and has failed.

sdmc530
12-15-2014, 01:05 PM
yeah, just making noise for gun controll again....this will not go far at all. Just annoying!

T.S.
12-15-2014, 01:17 PM
When Bushmaster is cleared, they should counter-sue for legal fees to make an example out of these people and to avoid frivolous lawsuits in the future.

Riverpigusmc
12-15-2014, 01:22 PM
I say sue the sire of the miscreant little retard who did the killin' in the first place

MPDC
12-15-2014, 01:29 PM
When Bushmaster is cleared, they should counter-sue for legal fees to make an example out of these people and to avoid frivolous lawsuits in the future.

Nope, they lost kids and want someone to be at fault.

Sue the ambulance chasers who took advantage of tragedy for gain.:mob:

Xbonz
12-15-2014, 01:56 PM
Should sue the school district for failing to protect their children...

T.S.
12-15-2014, 02:28 PM
Should sue the school district for failing to protect their children...

You beat me to it Bonz.

Sue the State of Connecticut for not allowing lawful carry of firearms on school property for the purpose of self-defense.
[Sec. 53a-217b (a)]

And sue the school district for not allowing lawful carry of firearms on school property for the purpose of self-defense.
[Sec. 53a-217b (b)]

Both of which are currently prohibited under Connecticut General Statute Sec. 53a-217b

http://www.cga.ct.gov/2011/pub/chap952.htm#Sec53a-217b.htm

Sec. 53a-217b. Possession of a weapon on school grounds: Class D felony.

(a) A person is guilty of possession of a weapon on school grounds when, knowing that such person is not licensed or privileged to do so, such person possesses a firearm or deadly weapon, as defined in section 53a-3, (1) in or on the real property comprising a public or private elementary or secondary school, or (2) at a school-sponsored activity as defined in subsection (h) of section 10-233a.

(b) The provisions of subsection (a) of this section shall not apply to the otherwise lawful possession of a firearm (1) by a person for use in a program approved by school officials in or on such school property or at such school-sponsored activity, (2) by a person in accordance with an agreement entered into between school officials and such person or such person's employer, (3) by a peace officer, as defined in subdivision (9) of section 53a-3, while engaged in the performance of such peace officer's official duties, or (4) by a person while traversing such school property for the purpose of gaining access to public or private lands open to hunting or for other lawful purposes, provided such firearm is not loaded and the entry on such school property is permitted by the local or regional board of education.

(c) Possession of a weapon on school grounds is a class D felony.

milkmanjoe
12-15-2014, 04:04 PM
I say sue the sire of the miscreant little retard who did the killin' in the first place

Your point is valid.....

RKP
12-15-2014, 07:46 PM

Very well said !!

TLE2
12-15-2014, 08:05 PM
Suing is the new great American past time.

Fat? Sue McDonalds
Stupid? Sue the schools
Poor? Sue everyone!

One of the best principles in law used to be the prudent person standard. If you did something idiotic, you have no claim.

Now, curling irons say don't insert orally; hair dryers warn to not use in the shower.

THE COURTS DONT HAVE TO CERTIFY EVERY IDIOT LAWSUIT, BUT THEY DO !!

...but don't get me started.

dw1911
12-16-2014, 12:19 AM
I do not think it even happened.
#1 Issue, at 1st, they said Lanza used 2 HANDGUNS to do the alleged shooting.
#2 Issue, where were the Medi-Vac Helicopters? None were present!
#3 Issue, they showed the cops taking a Bushmaster AR-15 from The Trunk of Lanza's car. ( So, a Dead Lanza put the AR in His Trunk after shooting children? ) Yeah, sure He did! :rolleyes:
#4 Issue, The Alleged Parents on camera were not really very upset. Why?
There are MANY Inconsistencies in the News releases.
The BIGGEST "smoking gun" of all is this: Obama & Feinstein wanted to Enact an "Assault Weapons" Ban. and Needed this type incident to get Americans sympathetic to it. It did not work. Now, they bring this lawsuit stuff up to renew it!
Call me crazy if you like. But I do not think it happened. I think it was a "Staged Event" and a poorly done one at that.
Nothing has showed Me wrong yet, and I am not alone in thinking this was a false flag op.

BlackKnight
12-16-2014, 08:18 AM
I do not think it even happened.
#1 Issue, at 1st, they said Lanza used 2 HANDGUNS to do the alleged shooting.
#2 Issue, where were the Medi-Vac Helicopters? None were present!
#3 Issue, they showed the cops taking a Bushmaster AR-15 from The Trunk of Lanza's car. ( So, a Dead Lanza put the AR in His Trunk after shooting children? ) Yeah, sure He did! :rolleyes:
#4 Issue, The Alleged Parents on camera were not really very upset. Why?
There are MANY Inconsistencies in the News releases.
The BIGGEST "smoking gun" of all is this: Obama & Feinstein wanted to Enact an "Assault Weapons" Ban. and Needed this type incident to get Americans sympathetic to it. It did not work. Now, they bring this lawsuit stuff up to renew it!
Call me crazy if you like. But I do not think it happened. I think it was a "Staged Event" and a poorly done one at that.
Nothing has showed Me wrong yet, and I am not alone in thinking this was a false flag op.
Trust me when I tell you #1 and 3 are wrong. The facts of the case are much worse than what most people believe.
Either way the lawsuit is B.S.

Xbonz
12-16-2014, 09:56 AM
Trust me when I tell you #1 and 3 are wrong. The facts of the case are much worse than what most people believe.
Either way the lawsuit is B.S.

Care to share what you are able to?

BlackKnight
12-16-2014, 12:53 PM
Care to share what you are able to?
Unfortunately, not much more than that. What I got was only for LEO dissemination, plus from a person that debriefed one of the first responders.

DrHenley
12-16-2014, 07:45 PM
It was a shotgun in the trunk. Plenty of credible evidence to support his using an AR in the school, along with two pistols. Beyond that, the story got so mangled by the press we'll never know.

http://www.cotep.org/forum/picture.php?albumid=22&pictureid=888

dw1911
12-16-2014, 09:02 PM
No Way The Obama Administration would LIE about this event to further a New Assault Weapon Ban? No Way They would lie about this event?
Unless someone ( Credible) was there and saw things to really validate this, I have a hard time believing it.
Awful weird coincidence that 2 years after this alleged event, the Government is trying to go after AR-15's again? This time by fiat! A Lawsuit against The Gun Manufacturer? Really? Oh, they are not directly suing, they're doing it through the Parents?

dw1911
12-16-2014, 09:30 PM
This Guy that works for/worked for Obama says WE are STUPID
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=9vN5lWaB-co
Who is to say that they thought we would be stupid enough to believe The Sandy Hook incident that could Easily be a "Production"?
It's no secret that Obama has DEEP ties to Hollywood!
Think about it.
They wanted that Assault Weapon Ban SO BAD! It Failed, but only because of Scared Politicians!
This Lawsuit thing: "If at 1st you don't succeed, try, try again"

DaFadda
12-17-2014, 09:13 AM
This is why im leaving connecticut and moving to Tennessee

Deleted
12-17-2014, 08:56 PM
How can you sue over something that DIDN'T HAPPEN?

Plus they are seen removing a AR from the trunk after dark.

dw1911
12-17-2014, 09:30 PM
How can you sue over something that DIDN'T HAPPEN?

Plus they are seen removing a AR from the trunk after dark.

Exactly!