COTEP.org

COTEP.org (https://www.cotep.org/forum/index.php)
-   Main Forum (https://www.cotep.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Hi gang, such a long time, hoping everyone's ok, new EDC! (https://www.cotep.org/forum/showthread.php?t=16803)

pitor 02-09-2023 07:53 PM

Hi gang, such a long time, hoping everyone's ok, new EDC!

Hi all,

It's been eons since the last time I checked in. I hope everyone's doing well, and that the "thing that shall not be mentioned" didn't disrupt too much of your lives. Hi Caleb, Mike (pig), Scott & Jim, Brownie (if he still checks in,) Monkey Lord Eli (with whom I stay in touch), and the whole gang. Sorry if I forget some names, like I said, it's been eons.

I've been on a musical journey, writing songs, playing in bands, etc, but now I'm on a break from all that as well. And the world's gone bat-shit crazy and I felt I needed a capable, easy to carry, good capacity EDC.

I traded in a Sig P320 compact (plus holsters and extra mag), and a S&W Bodyguard 380 MP with holsters, plus a little cash, for a new Glock 43x (I know, bring it on, LOL). After doing my homework it felt like it was the right choice. I hate the look of Glocks, I'm with ya there, but gosh are they reliable or what? I also bought the S15 mag by Shield Arms, 15 rounds in the same footprint as their 10 rd OEM mags, boom!

I feel I made the right choice, and after 200 rds straight out of the box, plus 20 SD rounds, it's been put into carry duty.

So, how'a everyone, and whaddaya carry these days?

Pitor (aka Pedro).

FfNJGTFO 02-09-2023 09:05 PM

Hey, Welcome back!

pitor 02-09-2023 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FfNJGTFO (Post 175972)
Hey, Welcome back!

Thank you, please remind me of your name. I remember you fondly, thank you for the welcome!

DaFadda 02-09-2023 10:18 PM

Hi Mr. Pedro sir...
Im still DaFadda Michael. My EDC is a Dan Wesson 1911 in 38 Super, sometimes my wife's DW 1911 in 9mm....but when I really need to hide something, I've started carrying my Sig 365.

On another note (music pun intended)... Miss Grace took me to Guitar Central just before Christmas and told me "go ahead, pick out your new sound system". The cavaet was that I need to sell off the three systems I have in storage. First to go were the 800 watt alto powered speakers, next in the food chain is a 1500 watt rack mounted amplifier and a couple of Peavey 12" passives. I think I"m going to keep my Kustom Profile II as a backup PA. So what did I get? A new Bose Pro 16 !!! plug my yamaha mixer in and the sound is incredible!!!
Michael

pitor 02-09-2023 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFadda (Post 175974)
Hi Mr. Pedro sir...
Im still DaFadda Michael. My EDC is a Dan Wesson 1911 in 38 Super, sometimes my wife's DW 1911 in 9mm....but when I really need to hide something, I've started carrying my Sig 365.

On another note (music pun intended)... Miss Grace took me to Guitar Central just before Christmas and told me "go ahead, pick out your new sound system". The cavaet was that I need to sell off the three systems I have in storage. First to go were the 800 watt alto powered speakers, next in the food chain is a 1500 watt rack mounted amplifier and a couple of Peavey 12" passives. I think I"m going to keep my Kustom Profile II as a backup PA. So what did I get? A new Bose Pro 16 !!! plug my yamaha mixer in and the sound is incredible!!!
Michael

Michael Moran, Da Fadda, Da Michael, so good to hear from you Sir. And yes, the Bose Pro 16 rawks, a good choice there, but sad to see the Peavey's go, I'm a fan of Peavey and my main amps are Classic 20Mh and Classic 30 special edition USA.

I can see you're still a fan of 38 super, great round!!

DrHenley 02-09-2023 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pitor (Post 175971)
Hi all,

https://i.imgur.com/KMszm2F.gif

pitor 02-10-2023 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrHenley (Post 175977)

Hi DrHenley!

FfNJGTFO 02-10-2023 04:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pitor (Post 175973)
Thank you, please remind me of your name. I remember you fondly, thank you for the welcome!

Arnold.

pitor 02-10-2023 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FfNJGTFO (Post 175979)
Arnold.

Hi Arnold :toast::toast:

sdmc530 02-10-2023 12:11 PM

This thread feels like a self help group funny

Whats up brother?!!!

pitor 02-10-2023 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdmc530 (Post 175981)

Whats up brother?!!!

What's up Phil! Still riding your bike hitting those trails? Still on active duty? It's been a while!

sdmc530 02-10-2023 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pitor (Post 175984)
What's up Phil! Still riding your bike hitting those trails? Still on active duty? It's been a while!

oh yeah, riding bike like a weirdo I am. Only I don't break stuff like Caleb does :)

Still on the patrol, got a squad now though. Running a small circus, it feels like some days.

Riverpigusmc 02-10-2023 05:30 PM

I thought ICE gotcha. Wassup

pitor 02-10-2023 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riverpigusmc (Post 175989)
I thought ICE gotcha. Wassup

Hahaha that's the pig I remember. Nah, I've just been on a different adventure, but here I am. How's the grandkid? I bet he's grown so much. I hope he still enjoys hanging out with the old fart. Glad to see the gang is still hanging around here. I plan on visiting way more often, as I miss all the shenanigans this place brings about.

Rick McC. 02-10-2023 11:15 PM

Damn Pitor; glad to see you again after these several years!

I hope all is well with you, and I’m glad to hear that you’ve actually found some other players, and have been entertaining!

I’ve been playing with a couple of other (different) guys the last 5-6 years, and have been having a big time! If you ever get over this way; let me know, and I’ll get you to the studio where we practice to play with us a bit.

Take care Bro; and stay in touch!

DaFadda 02-11-2023 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdmc530 (Post 175981)

Whats up brother?!!!

Don't know much about self help groups... but Hi, my name is Michael and I am addicted to Dan Wesson 1911's.

Now I return to what I know best.... my "Safe Space".... lol

pitor 02-11-2023 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick McC. (Post 175993)
Damn Pitor; glad to see you again after these several years!

I hope all is well with you, and I’m glad to hear that you’ve actually found some other players, and have been entertaining!

I’ve been playing with a couple of other (different) guys the last 5-6 years, and have been having a big time! If you ever get over this way; let me know, and I’ll get you to the studio where we practice to play with us a bit.

Take care Bro; and stay in touch!

Hi Rick, I had a good run, I was even featured in our local Fox news channel, LOL, but regrettably I'm currently riddled with elbow tendonitis in my right arm, a bit on my left, plus left wrist issues. Overuse of my tendons; my two Great Danes (old but still around, the white one is handicapped and needs a lot of help) play a huge part in my condition, playing guitar all these years, plus being a professor for over 21 years typing all the time, wiell all has taken a toll on my arms.

I'm undergoing physical therapy and on my way to getting better. I'm also losing weight as I went a little overboard during the pandemic. I feel good and on track.

My thing was writing original music, and performing it. But I lost my bass player and that brought about pausing the project. In the meantime I've learned to play covers, you know classic rock, some 90s and 2000 stuff, and just enjoying being a home musician for now while I recuperate and my arms get back on track.

Here's a sound link in case you want to check some of the stuff I did with the band! Pop rock stuff.

https://soundcloud.com/user-14332978...social_sharing

Are you still actively playing with other people? Do you guys play live? Any recordings you want to share? Really nice to hear from you sir.

Rick McC. 02-11-2023 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pitor (Post 175998)
Hi Rick, I had a good run, I was even featured in our local Fox news channel, LOL, but regrettably I'm currently riddled with elbow tendonitis in my right arm, a bit on my left, plus left wrist issues. Overuse of my tendons; my two Great Danes (old but still around, the white one is handicapped and needs a lot of help) play a huge part in my condition, playing guitar all these years, plus being a professor for over 21 years typing all the time, wiell all has taken a toll on my arms.

I'm undergoing physical therapy and on my way to getting better. I'm also losing weight as I went a little overboard during the pandemic. I feel good and on track.

My thing was writing original music, and performing it. But I lost my bass player and that brought about pausing the project. In the meantime I've learned to play covers, you know classic rock, some 90s and 2000 stuff, and just enjoying being a home musician for now while I recuperate and my arms get back on track.

Here's a sound link in case you want to check some of the stuff I did with the band! Pop rock stuff.

https://soundcloud.com/user-14332978...social_sharing

Are you still actively playing with other people? Do you guys play live? Any recordings you want to share? Really nice to hear from you sir.

Thanks Bro; I’ll check your music out for sure!
We’re practicing every week, but not playing out; we can’t stay up that late anymore. ��
But; if the right late afternoon/early evening gig came along…

Anyway; you’re now on the prayer list until you get back in shape!

Take care Bro,

Semper Paratus 02-12-2023 08:31 PM

Welcome back. Been a while. Still have my CBOB, after several trips to the mother ship it came back with an internal extractor Valor slide since they could not make the original external extractor work for more than 500-100 rounds and there were no external extractor parts left.

DrHenley 02-12-2023 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Semper Paratus (Post 176001)
Welcome back. Been a while. Still have my CBOB, after several trips to the mother ship it came back with an internal extractor Valor slide since they could not make the original external extractor work for more than 500-100 rounds and there were no external extractor parts left.

That's really strange. My old DW Panther has an external extractor and it works like clockwork. I have never had an extraction problem with it in the many years I've been shooting it.

An external extractor is not some kind of new exotic type of extractor. Most automatic pistols have had external extractors since the early 1900s. You'd think they have it figured out by now.

pitor 02-13-2023 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Semper Paratus (Post 176001)

Thank you SP, glad to hear the CBOB is back in working order, but as DrHenley said, weird it won't go past 1000 rds brass cased?? Anywho, glad is back in your hands.

Riverpigusmc 02-13-2023 11:42 AM

Caleb still doesn't have his testicles..so there's that update

Semper Paratus 02-13-2023 09:34 PM

Jim-
The CBOB went back 4 times. Finally on the 4th time they replaced the slide, to the tune of, as I recall, $300. The only reason I kept at it was a custom serial number that Bob S. offered me after a cross up on the purchase. It was a pretty ugly discussion having paid for 4 FEDEX shipments and then the new slide. Only thing I can figure is there were some geometry issues.

pitor 02-14-2023 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riverpigusmc (Post 176007)
Caleb still doesn't have his testicles..so there's that update

Hahaha, and apparently still looking for them as he's not stopped by to say hello 😂

pitor 02-16-2023 06:08 PM

So... where the hell is Caleb? Does he check in or still looking for his huevos?? He could multitask and do both?

Caleb 02-21-2023 09:54 PM

Pedro! Glad to see you back and doing well. I list the ability to use Tapatalk on this site so, I haven’t been online lately. My apologies to all my friends here…. Yes, even pig. Keep at it with the weight loss bro, you can do it!

pitor 02-24-2023 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caleb (Post 176014)
Pedro! Glad to see you back and doing well. I list the ability to use Tapatalk on this site so, I haven’t been online lately. My apologies to all my friends here…. Yes, even pig. Keep at it with the weight loss bro, you can do it!

Hi Caleb, well we already reacquainted with each other on "the other forum", spit swappin' and all, pig don't be jealous! Hahaha

Caleb 04-02-2023 10:30 PM

Pedro!!!!!