View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 08:27 AM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmittynTexas View Post
I am retired now, after 45 years as an ironworker. I've been out of the field for the last 30, but I still love to be high on a building top or bridge tower.
I have worked all across the country and met a great many people along the way. The last 30 years I worked with quite a few general Contractors, engineers and architects. I knew what I was to do by the time I was 6. (My grandfather, who raised me after my father was killed in the air force). He had a full american bridge belt hanging in the garage waiting for me. I started working iron in the summers when I was 15 and finished school and wore my belt full time until I went into the navy as a Sea bee, where I did the same job in Viet Nam in 67-68.
Thanks for your service, Smitty!

If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
-- Samuel Adams
COTEP CBOB0676
KO4ENQ