View Single Post
Old 12-21-2013, 11:45 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Thanked 4,517 Times in 1,211 Posts
Talking A Baer-ry Christmas to me!!!!

Well, I finally decided to take the plunge and order the Monolith of my dreams, so I sent a inquiry to John at cj1911heaven.com about ordering it yesterday.

First off, Imagine this, I sent him a simple request from his website and he actually called me back within 24 hrs to discuss the gun I want to order. We went over every detail of the order, sometimes twice, he's a very patient man. Heck, we actually talked more about cars, living in California ( he transplanted to Idaho ), manufacturing ammo and guns and other topics. I believe we spent a good hour or more on the phone. What a great guy.

Second, I'd like to say what a pleasure it is talking with and getting to know John, not only in a buyer/seller relationship, but more like two people starting a new friendship. That is how business used to be conducted in the old days and I believe its how it should still be conducted today. John is a model of the old school way of selling a product and that's to get to know the person buying the item, not just selling them the item.

So anyway, here's what I plan to order:

Monolith Heavy Weight 45 ACP
Bead Blast Hard Chrome Finish
Naked Slide, NO FCS or etchings/roll marks
1.5" Guarantee
Serrated the top of the slide and rear of the slide, including the extractor
Combat Sights, like those on the Comanche model, might go with N/S,
Single Sided Safety
Install Magwell and blend
Checker under the trigger guard

Not sure what else I can add to it...LOL But John assured me I could always try to add/delete anything if I call him soon enough before the build gets too far along.

I'll be sending John a cashier's check for the deposit next week.

So, in a year or so, I will finally be joining the Baer club, woo hoo. This is my holy grail of 1911's and can't wait to get it.

Last edited by skosh69; 12-21-2013 at 11:49 PM.