COTEP.org  

Go Back   COTEP.org > Main Category > Honor, Duty, Country

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-09-2011, 03:01 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Its true what they say, "Once a Marine, always a Marine". I carry with me the memories of Marines before me....and I believe its what makes Marines carry themselves as the do today in the present. Belleau Wood, Iwo Jima, Khe Sahn, Hue City, The Chosin Reservoir, the Arizona Territory, the DMZ, Hill 488, Guadacanal, Midway, Fallujah......the men before us who faced unsurmountable odds and percevered. Hitting the beaches of Iwo no matter how much fear was racking their guts....or how much incoming on an open beach. Charging through Hue, on the offensive...greatly outnumbered....doing the impossible(a successful offensive outnumbered in an urban environment) Holding Khe Sahn... besieged for months, surrounded, under constant barrage. Fighting their way out of the Chosin...a division written off as lost, outnumbered by hordes of Chinese...the wounded fighting prone from jeeps. Taking trenches from well-armed, machinegun-wielding Krauts at Bellau Wood....with nothing more than bolt action rifles, bayonets, and shovels.
These are the men who came before us....men we could only wish to honor by our own service. They are what makes a current Marine so proud....makes him carry himself with such pride. As long as there is a United States Marine Corps....there will be this great, free, blessed nation. Semper Fidelis, and God Bless
COTEP #0443 USMC #0311
"Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less." ~Robert E Lee
“The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in times of great moral crises maintain their neutrality.” ~Dante Alighieri

Last edited by SemperFi1977m; 08-09-2011 at 03:48 AM.