COTEP.org  

Go Back   COTEP.org > Firearms > Other Semiauto Pistols > S&W

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-14-2014, 07:21 AM
COTEP Member

When I worked retail there were some times we could no go below a specific price because the discount was already to cost or so close to cost we really weren't making money. Sometimes you do those deals to help cash flow when things are slow or there is a check at corporate that needs to be covered. But our rule was we could never go below what we paid for the item. Big sorts like Walmart and others discount below cost when something has been in in inventory too long. Smaller businesses can't discount like that even for a customer service issue like a typo. In my opinion if they were fighting so hard over what seems like a small amount it is probably because they simply couldn't do it. I had customers that had gotten a a substantial discount try to get delivery thrown in at the end, sometimes I had to tell them i couldn't do it because the price was already too low for any furred discounting even if I lost the deal.

So long story to say call back and get the deal!

All that being said if you think they are acting shady then by all means walk away. Have they changed the listing where you found it? If it really was a typo they should have it corrected quickly. If it is bait and switch it may still be active. Also it may have already sold and they don't have any more.