COTEP.org  

Go Back   COTEP.org > Firearms > Other Semiauto Pistols

Old 09-22-2016, 12:17 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdmc530 View Post
One more thing, yes the agency armor can only make changes, but one other reason for NO mods is if another officer uses or takes control of your firearm its the exact same as his/hers so no confusion as to use. Again that is a very rare occurrence but you never know I guess.
Correct. The firearms are agency issued they are not the property of the officer. At any given time they may be swapped. We have many instances here where an officer who's been involved in a shooting has their firearm seized as part of the investigation. Their agency immediately (as they should) issues them another one until the investigation is over.
So far I haven't seen any southpaws who needed or wanted the mag release changed. Like , they're so ingrained in working it with their weapon hand that it would be more of a hindrance than an advantage.

Professionals talk about tactics and concepts while amateurs talk about gear and equipment.
Old 09-22-2016, 01:00 PM
COTEP Member

Thanked 1,229 Times in 288 Posts

since y'all are shooting double stack berettas, M&P's or Glocks with a 15 and 17 round capacity you'd think you wouldn't need to change mags at all.
Old 09-22-2016, 01:29 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar grips. View Post
since y'all are shooting double stack berettas, M&P's or Glocks with a 15 and 17 round capacity you'd think you wouldn't need to change mags at all.
You would think, right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackKnight View Post
Correct. The firearms are agency issued they are not the property of the officer. At any given time they may be swapped. We have many instances here where an officer who's been involved in a shooting has their firearm seized as part of the investigation. Their agency immediately (as they should) issues them another one until the investigation is over.
So far I haven't seen any southpaws who needed or wanted the mag release changed. Like , they're so ingrained in working it with their weapon hand that it would be more of a hindrance than an advantage.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

Professionals talk about tactics and concepts while amateurs talk about gear and equipment.
Old 09-22-2016, 02:53 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Thanked 2,790 Times in 732 Posts

Quote:
right

we have some good shooters but have a few bad ones too.

I know we have 3 second drills now for ambush settings, you have to draw and fire three shots center mass while running all in 3 seconds at 7 yards. they had trouble with guys with this so everyone was issued a competition timer that beeps at you. Very cool gadget too. I guess if its good enough for Jerry M its good enough for our agency!
Old 09-25-2016, 06:53 AM
COTEP Member

Quote:
It is a habit for me to carry 2 spare mags.
Old 09-25-2016, 03:00 PM
COTEP Member

Thanked 1,229 Times in 288 Posts

good for you.
Old 09-25-2016, 03:31 PM
COTEP Member

Thanked 1,137 Times in 254 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
It is a habit for me to carry 2 spare mags.
Quote:
good for you.
I know I should carry more ammo daily especially with all that going on these days. But, I just can't seem to find a comfortable way to carry them. Tried the pocket.....too much trouble and time to pull it out. Tried the vertical belt carry.......pokes my fat rolls when sitting or driving. Have not tried the horizontal carry yet so, maybe that's the ticket for me.

Any suggestions?

PS: I have been looking at replacing my Shield 9 for a double stack higher capacity pistol. Right now I'm only 9 Mighty Mouse shots from danger.
Old 09-25-2016, 05:44 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb View Post
I know I should carry more ammo daily especially with all that going on these days. But, I just can't seem to find a comfortable way to carry them. Tried the pocket.....too much trouble and time to pull it out. Tried the vertical belt carry.......pokes my fat rolls when sitting or driving. Have not tried the horizontal carry yet so, maybe that's the ticket for me.

Any suggestions?

PS: I have been looking at replacing my Shield 9 for a double stack higher capacity pistol. Right now I'm only 9 Mighty Mouse shots from danger.
Please I urge you to check www.Magholder.com .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0925161656.jpg (100.3 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg 0925161703.jpg (91.8 KB, 8 views)

Last edited by pitor; 09-25-2016 at 05:47 PM.
Old 09-25-2016, 05:58 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

I carry a G19 on and off-duty. When I'm on duty two extra mags, off - one.
I am putting a small bag together to throw in the car. It's going to consist of a medical kit, two extra mags, a hundred rounds of ammo, flashlight, an additional knife, and few more things.

Old 09-25-2016, 06:17 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackKnight View Post
I carry a G19 on and off-duty. When I'm on duty two extra mags, off - one.
I am putting a small bag together to throw in the car. It's going to consist of a medical kit, two extra mags, a hundred rounds of ammo, flashlight, an additional knife, and few more things.
Very good, I did this two years ago, lives in my car. Both 9mm and 380 auto as I switch my carry here and there. Add to your items Duck tape or Gorilla tape, a bit of paracord, and a way to make fire and signal.

My purpose is TO GET HOME to wifey and pups and hunker down. I could walk from work to home in about 1 hr, leaving car parked somewhere relatively safe (although in a SHTF what's safe?).