COTEP.org  

Go Back   COTEP.org > Firearms > 1911 Style Pistols > RIA

Old 06-14-2014, 05:43 PM
COTEP Member

Thanked 1,607 Times in 418 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFadda View Post
Sorry... I got to ask..... "do they allow you to bring your own ammo????"..... I'd be hard pressed to shoot anywhere that I couldn't "bring my own home rolled" to the dance.. much less tell me I had to purchase their "remanufactured" (aka reloaded) ammo. Help me understand this... because what you said is unheard of here in CT.
Da
My educated guess is that some ranges don't want reloads due to the "danger" factor. They also look to make as much profit as possible by forcing you to buy their ammo. Not many of these around that I'm aware of, but there are some.

Last edited by Xbonz; 07-05-2014 at 09:37 PM.
Old 06-14-2014, 07:53 PM
COTEP Member

There are a number of ranges around here with bans on reloads in South Florida. One that I shot at had a blown up revolver as their reason. Most here allow you to bring your own, along as its not steel core (the place I like best uses a wand like TSA to check your ammo, but they allow reloads).

There is a place nearby that I've never gone to that requires you to buy their ammo. It's why I don't go there. Also most of the places I've rented guns at require you to buy their ammo.