COTEP.org  

Go Back   COTEP.org > Main Category > Main Forum

Old 12-11-2012, 10:51 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCORPIO View Post
A good friend of mine works on 'things and stuff' at TMI. Interesting work from what I've heard. He likes PWR work better than BWR since your turbines are 'hot'.
Yes sir, I've heard that from many people who work on PWR's... Our turbines definitely throw dose as they do run 'Hot' but are well shielded. I have seen things that only a few handful of people in the world get to see, working in a nuclear reactor is like walking around in the biggest engine I've ever seen, if you're into science and engineering it is fascinating :-)
Old 01-01-2013, 05:13 PM
COTEP Member

I work as an Operating Room Nurse. Currently serving in the USPHS and stationed in Anchorage, AK. Have been a nurse for 15+ years, OR nurse for 12, and did a six year hitch as an OR nurse in USAF. Did one four month deployment to Balad AF Theater Hospital, Balad, Iraq in 2005-2006. Figured I was getting too old to play the young mans game in the Armed Services so obtained a commission in USPHS 2008. Now a LCDR/04 and just 5 1/2 years to having my 20 in. My four + years in PHS have been working in IHS facilities. It has been a long road considering I was doing push ups for President Reagan in 1983 during my four years of Army Infantry followed by seven years in the National Guard, Infantry.

The medical field/nursing has been interesting and good for me, but I must admit it is the way I make a living and not my passion. Enjoyed my eight years of factory work and four years of construction work better, but economy changed my direction probably for the better.
Old 01-01-2013, 05:36 PM
COTEP Member

Default What I did for a living:

I am retired now, after 45 years as an ironworker. I've been out of the field for the last 30, but I still love to be high on a building top or bridge tower.
I have worked all across the country and met a great many people along the way. The last 30 years I worked with quite a few general Contractors, engineers and architects. I knew what I was to do by the time I was 6. (My grandfather, who raised me after my father was killed in the air force). He had a full american bridge belt hanging in the garage waiting for me. I started working iron in the summers when I was 15 and finished school and wore my belt full time until I went into the navy as a Sea bee, where I did the same job in Viet Nam in 67-68.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:46 AM
COTEP Member

I am a drug dealer.....I mean pharmacist........prior to that I was a LEO for 5 years and a MP in the Army
Old 01-31-2013, 08:27 AM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVBubba View Post
I am a drug dealer.....I mean pharmacist........prior to that I was a LEO for 5 years and a MP in the Army
Welcome aboard and thanks for your service!

If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
-- Samuel Adams
COTEP CBOB0676
KO4ENQ
Old 01-31-2013, 08:27 AM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmittynTexas View Post
I am retired now, after 45 years as an ironworker. I've been out of the field for the last 30, but I still love to be high on a building top or bridge tower.
I have worked all across the country and met a great many people along the way. The last 30 years I worked with quite a few general Contractors, engineers and architects. I knew what I was to do by the time I was 6. (My grandfather, who raised me after my father was killed in the air force). He had a full american bridge belt hanging in the garage waiting for me. I started working iron in the summers when I was 15 and finished school and wore my belt full time until I went into the navy as a Sea bee, where I did the same job in Viet Nam in 67-68.
Thanks for your service, Smitty!

If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
-- Samuel Adams
COTEP CBOB0676
KO4ENQ
Old 01-31-2013, 08:29 AM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVBubba View Post
Thanks for your service, Bubba (God, do I really have to call you that?)!

We have lots of former Mil and LEO here. It's a good part of the reason why I find it so comfortable.

-- Samuel Adams
COTEP CBOB0676
KO4ENQ
Old 03-08-2013, 11:14 PM
COTEP Member

Former Army, now working as a Contracting Officer for DoD.

At least until they furlough me.

Edit: not a member, but answered anyway. I guess shutting up just isn't an option with me.
Old 06-15-2013, 10:16 PM
COTEP Member

Ex-airborne infantry (Iraq, 2005), former commercial helicopter pilot and now a teacher working with troubled youth.

Also, like most of us, have done everything from carpentry to woodworking to sales and machinist....
Old 07-13-2013, 10:01 PM
COTEP Member

Retired from law enforcement. I've been an insurance fraud investigator for almost 22 years, working for first a large company, and now a smaller one. There is no shortage of work.
Retired LEO
1995 Colt MkIV Gov't Model