COTEP.org  

Go Back   COTEP.org > Main Category > Main Forum

Old 04-27-2011, 09:16 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

I have a Colt Defender my wife loves to carry and shoot. It's light, compact and very dependable - but not two toned if she wants that. Now your getting into Mimber country.

Bob
Old 04-27-2011, 09:48 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

My better half carries a Mimber UCII (don't tell ) with CT laser. Most often in her purse, once in a while IWB. She's good with it and is comfortable with function and recoil.
My .02

Jim
Old 04-27-2011, 10:38 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feathermerchant View Post
From the Ladies point of view..... I really like the Guardian for carry in gun purse (my favorite Gun totin' Mamas Raven bag) or IWB. Easy to manipulate and shoot accruately. I chose it over the CCO only because I wanted to add a 9mm to my stash. I would advise getting one that is big enough to absorb some of the recoil, yet able to conceal very well. The bobtail does this very well. Those short barrels hurt my wrist. I want a gun that I enjoy shooting, and the Guardian fits the bill.
We def. appreciate a ladies point of vew on this! As well as all the men that have replied ! But as far as the guardian....she doe's not want a 9mm. she wants a 45acp and thats it. LOL! You know how it is once a lady makes up her mind And by gosh it is my job to make her happy Like said, she lets me buy my 1911's I think she is leaning toward the Colt Defender, it seems to have good reviews from everybody, and has about all the features that she's looking for We still welcome all replies, she hasn't made up her mind yet
Old 04-27-2011, 11:25 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Thanked 1,292 Times in 337 Posts

I'll bet she would love a CCO, especially with a set of CT grips.
Old 04-27-2011, 11:35 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Thanked 1,292 Times in 337 Posts

Old 04-27-2011, 11:50 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsparkie View Post
We def. appreciate a ladies point of vew on this! As well as all the men that have replied ! But as far as the guardian....she doe's not want a 9mm. she wants a 45acp and thats it.
They are making the Guardian in 45 ACP now, as well as the CCO. There seems to be some Guardian 45s still available out there right now, but I am having to wait on production for my 9mm

Bill
Utah & Idaho CWP
COTEP# CBOB0476
Old 04-27-2011, 01:21 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

I vote vote for the EMP if she really wants a 3 inch gun. It was designed that way from the ground up. Only available on 9mm or .40 though.
Old 04-27-2011, 01:53 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bald1 View Post
I'd frankly try to talk her out of a 3" by both explaining the impulse physics of the design where shorter slide/barrels have much more critical timing requirements and therefore are much more susceptible to malfunction, and the fact that it's the frame grip size that is more important than slide length for concealability. I'd want the most reliable package for her and a 3" isn't it.

I see the Colt Defender/New Agent, Dan Wesson CCO, and Brown Kobra Carry LW as options.

Don't take this personally but, trying to get a female to grasp the meaning of what you said is going to be difficult at best. She probably will be more interested in having about 15 sets of grips so she can accessorize it to match her outfit for the day.

This is my Kimber Ultra CDP with Crimson Trace laser grips and it hasn't had one failure since I took it out of the box. Just clean, lube and feed it ammo, it'll treat you good.

MOPH
NRA
COTEP 0330

Last edited by VietVet68; 04-27-2011 at 01:55 PM.
Old 04-27-2011, 06:03 PM
Founding COTEP Member who is watching over us from above with God at a giant shooting range in heaven
COTEP Member

Veitvet, I gotta side with Bold and Titan on this one, nothing smaller than a CCO. That way she gets the officers' type grip and a less problematic 4" Bbl.
Unless she has the wrists of a female weightlifter, I'd stay away from the 3" guns. JMO.
Dave
Old 04-27-2011, 06:18 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Have full size 1911s, Colt Commander, Colt CCO and Defender. If I really concentrate, I might feel a difference in recoil