COTEP.org  

Go Back   COTEP.org > Firearms > 1911 Style Pistols > Dan Wesson

Old 08-23-2012, 10:08 AM
COTEP Member

I'll head back to the range tomorrow and see if I can figure out the FTF issue. I don't know if it was me limp-wristing it or my support hand inadvertently cupping and pushing up on the magazine. It is going to take some time getting used to smaller yet thicker grips. The CCO and I are still in that "get to know one another" phase of our relationship, nothing a couple of hundred more rounds can't fix.
Old 10-01-2012, 07:08 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEZ View Post
I'll head back to the range tomorrow and see if I can figure out the FTF issue. I don't know if it was me limp-wristing it or my support hand inadvertently cupping and pushing up on the magazine. It is going to take some time getting used to smaller yet thicker grips. The CCO and I are still in that "get to know one another" phase of our relationship, nothing a couple of hundred more rounds can't fix.
Nice weapons! And I can't remember the last time that a new owner didn't instantly accuse the pistol if any failures occurred during early break in. This is quite refreshing, MEZ.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:02 PM
COTEP Member

Default The Dirty Girls Have New Shoes...

The FTF has calmed down some, I've got 500 rounds through the CCO, lost count on the Valor. The only feeding issue I have on the CCO is it will jam a round 3/4 of the way into the chamber and bulge the side of the round. It is a real bitch to clear that mess and I cannot for the life of me figure out what is causing that. Probably something I'm doing...
Old 10-01-2012, 09:12 PM
COTEP Member

The Valor is wearing Sarge's Grips in Amboyna Burl (these could get addictive). The CCO is wearing VZ's Gator.
Old 10-01-2012, 11:24 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEZ View Post

The Valor is wearing Sarge's Grips in Amboyna Burl (these could get addictive). The CCO is wearing VZ's Gator.
++

Sarge's grips are outstanding AND addictive. When I go to his site, I could spend myself into debtor's prison.