Old 01-22-2013, 08:44 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Thanked 2,788 Times in 731 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverpigusmc View Post
nobody here likes me

Seriously, all my friends are on here. I tend to keep to myself at the range
I too am a range hermit, I like to practice alone and not have the other nuckelheads at the range not there when I am there much safer......don't change at all!!!!

We like you back........well most of us ( )
Old 01-22-2013, 08:51 PM
COTEP Member

Me too.

Don't have or need too many friends. Most of mine are old shipmates out of the area.

Recently started hanging out every once in a while with Navman. Heck he's a Cotep'er, builds custom 1911's, is a Navy Chief, and he drinks high-end scotch. Can't be all bad.

But otherwise it's just me and Gail and the kids. We like it that way.

Tom
If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
-- Samuel Adams
COTEP CBOB0676
KO4ENQ
Old 01-22-2013, 08:53 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boats View Post
Me too.

Don't have or need too many friends. Most of mine are old shipmates out of the area.

Recently started hanging out every once in a while with Navman. Heck he's a Cotep'er, builds custom 1911's, is a Navy Chief, and he drinks high-end scotch. Can't be all bad.

But otherwise it's just me and Gail and the kids. We like it that way.

Tom
Scotch? Sounds tastey.
Old 01-23-2013, 03:54 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Thanked 4,517 Times in 1,211 Posts

Buy once, cry once....

I suggest you buy the biggest, most elaborate set-up you can afford!

Single stage is great, if you have a ton of time to kill and only plan on reloading a small amount per sitting. In hindsight, I would rather have gotten a turret or a progressive press and eliminated the need for doing everything one at a time. Then again, my azz is lazy and like's to work smart, not hard....

My biggest contribution I can give you Mike:

"Don't forget the powder!".
Old 01-23-2013, 04:45 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglas_knott View Post
Scotch? Sounds tastey.
Mmm. Yummy!

If you ever get East, make it a point to stop in for a couple of days. We'll set you up.

You gotta be able to tell sea stories, though. Start preparing now!

If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
-- Samuel Adams
COTEP CBOB0676
KO4ENQ
Old 01-23-2013, 07:38 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverpigusmc View Post
Just went to Midway..say the Rock Chucker Supreme package has been discontinued by the manufacture. The press alone with nothing with it is 160 bucks in stock..
I was just at a local sporting goods store in Puyallup and they had 3 of them. I am going back in the morning to get one. They also has reloading components.

Good judgment comes from experience, and most of that comes from bad judgment.

If you find yourself in a hole, the first thing to do is stop digging.
Old 01-23-2013, 07:51 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Thanked 2,788 Times in 731 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by skosh69 View Post
Buy once, cry once....

I suggest you buy the biggest, most elaborate set-up you can afford!

Single stage is great, if you have a ton of time to kill and only plan on reloading a small amount per sitting. In hindsight, I would rather have gotten a turret or a progressive press and eliminated the need for doing everything one at a time. Then again, my azz is lazy and like's to work smart, not hard....

My biggest contribution I can give you Mike:

"Don't forget the powder!".
good tip buddy.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:09 PM
Founding Member
Super Moderator

Thanked 3,481 Times in 716 Posts

Nice of Mr Squibs to give me that reminder
S&W J-Frame .38
ect
" I don't own the clothes I'm wearin', and the road goes on forever "

There's a gator in the bushes, and it's calling my name...
COTEP #523
Old 01-23-2013, 08:54 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Xxxxx

Last edited by JimF4M1s; 05-14-2013 at 10:36 PM.
Old 01-24-2013, 05:44 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Well,

I haven't been at it long. Started collecting the tools in October and had the min required to produce a round collected by November.

Today, I own 3 presses. My first was a Lee Hand Press which I used to decap several hundred rounds yesterday. I actually added the Lee Breechlock Single stage before I had produced a functional round. Then a couple weeks back I decided to pull the trigger on a Hornady LNL AP, but was unsuccesful thanks to the panic buy following Sandy Hook - my local sold all three of the Hornady's they had in stock the day before I showed up waving cash. I thought about it for a week and discovered the Lee Loadmaster could be had for half the price of the Hormady (my original consideration set only included Dillon & Hornady, so I hadn't even priced the Lee. Read extremely mixed reviews, but determined that I could make it work. I'm becoming fairly proficient. Took me two evenings with the net and the press, but the timing is now right and I've succesfully added a caliber (45 ACP kit now loading 10 as well). Will also be adding 22 TCM and 38/357 plus 9mm if this panic endures too long.

Ok, so I actually responded 'cause I'll be happy to help you find a single stage if you don't want to wait for the backorders. I've seen Lee and Rock Chuckers local in the past couple days. And, just confirmed that there's an abundance of presses on Ebay as I type using "lee press" as search term. There are some buy it now offers that are fairly priced sprinkled among those that priced for the collectors' market.

Good luck, and I will suggest you seriously consider a turret. It offers the ability to work single stage, but the flexibility to complete complementary operations together without excessive die changes. My biggest concern for larger batch work was separating charge and bullet seating operations a turret would solve this by allowing those operations to be stacked more efficiently. I can do this on the progressive, but it can be accomplished more precisely on a turret.

I'm glad to have each of my rigs, but if I could only keep one - it'd be the progressive.

Finally, if you are committed, start buying components now - they are becoming scarce and who knows how long this little panic episode is gonna last? Till the bad guys and loonies declare a stop shooting folks day, the media is gonna keep this circus rolling. There really is a sucker (or a naive, misinformed expert possibly sporting a poorly concealed agenda) born every minute.
COTEP #624