COTEP.org  

Go Back   COTEP.org > Main Category > Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2014, 07:10 PM
Founding Member
Super Moderator

I welcome all the new members. Please believe me, that all the new members have been well vetted. Not to mention that allot of these new members come with great experience and knowledge. It is my hope that ALL new members be welcome as they have in the past. Frankly, the fact that they didn't come from the big forum is a plus. Welcome to all the new members FCC and others. I am surprised by this reception, not at all what COTEP is about.

In hoc signo vinces

If you can list them, you ain't got enough!!!

Life Member NRA, SCI, ATA, NSCA
COTEP 414

Last edited by Sheepdog; 07-01-2014 at 07:19 PM.
Old 07-01-2014, 07:44 PM
COTEP Member

This might sound hookey or naive but when invited me to join, I was actually honored! Not because I spent a lot of time on the big board and heard whispers of COTEP but because someone I liked and respected thought I might be good fit here.

I don't know who, from the old guard, likes me or who doesn't and I hope I haven't pissed anyone off along the way. If I have, sorry, it was unintentional. COTEP is one of a handful of forums I check into daily and I appreciate this community.

I've only gotten back into guns and shooting in the past couple years so I have more to learn than teach at this point. I don't talk crap and pretend to know or be something that I'm not.

However, if you're having problems with your dog, I'm your guy. Feel free to PM with your phone number and It'll be my pleasure to do what I can to help!

In COTEP, as in life, I choose to believe that everything is as it should be and more shall be revealed. Therefore, I stay tuned and do my best.
Old 07-01-2014, 08:20 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GD2A View Post
This might sound hookey or naive but when invited me to join, I was actually honored! Not because I spent a lot of time on the big board and heard whispers of COTEP but because someone I liked and respected thought I might be good fit here.

I don't know who, from the old guard, likes me or who doesn't and I hope I haven't pissed anyone off along the way. If I have, sorry, it was unintentional. COTEP is one of a handful of forums I check into daily and I appreciate this community.

I've only gotten back into guns and shooting in the past couple years so I have more to learn than teach at this point. I don't talk crap and pretend to know or be something that I'm not.

However, if you're having problems with your dog, I'm your guy. Feel free to PM with your phone number and It'll be my pleasure to do what I can to help!

In COTEP, as in life, I choose to believe that everything is as it should be and more shall be revealed. Therefore, I stay tuned and do my best.
^^^This is me too. Except the dog part. I can help you with your book though.
Old 07-01-2014, 08:58 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Thanked 2,790 Times in 732 Posts

The only thing I dislike is the "FLOTEP"...not a fan, we are COTEP and this place is great....Really like it here and great people here. We just need to remember who we are not get to "correct" like that other place. I have nothing against anyone in FL or anything like that but that's just not right IMO
Old 07-01-2014, 09:23 PM
COTEP Member

Hi,

Just going to add my .02 cents...

I was asked to join by Mike () and felt very honored.

I came over, made my introduction, and immediately found comfort amongst the group, and felt welcome. I tried to add some value and also tried to enjoy myself without stepping on anyone's toes...

Am I part of the problem? Quite possibly judging from the remarks I see posted before mine... While I am not singled out, I am part of the new blood that has recently joined. (May 2014)

I donated to the forum, within my first few days, as I wanted to give back to what you all have built here, I thought it was a good gesture, and made with good faith that I would be spending time here... Was I too quick to try and integrate with fine, "like minded" folks?

I refused to even think about taking part in the Karma threads, until I had already paid one out... I'm on my second one without having won any myself... Maybe my stuff wasn't/isn't up to snuff?

I bought 3 patches off of Alex, I wanted to wear them with pride, after having found a place that just felt like home, I also felt that further contributed to monies toward running the forum... Maybe just a little too presumptuous?

I gave thanks to the folks that posted very helpful, and valuable posts, I shared in the pain of loss, and offered my comfort to folks I have never met, or had even bantered much with yet here... I "cared", and still do "care" about each and every one of the members that have made this place what it is today, those that came before me.

I thought I had found a very cool place, where I could be myself, and enjoy the company of others that reside here.

I DO NOT however want to tick anyone off with my presence, stain or taint in a negative way what some fine folks have built up, and make anyone feel that my being part of the group is anything less than welcome.

I apologize, if any of the negative posts, and/or comments were made due to my being a member here, and I will gladly send Mike the patches I bought, and the 5 COTEP coins I have committed to buying in that respective thread, and respectfully ask Alex to remove my name from the roster here.

Just say the word! I got thick skin, and won't take it personally...

-scott
Old 07-01-2014, 09:28 PM
Founding COTEP Member who is watching over us from above with God at a giant shooting range in heaven
COTEP Member

Wow! , I certainly hope it wasn't anything I said. I'm at the point where I keep my mouth shut so I don't unintentionally stick my foot in it! I consider you guys my friends and it does bother me when I'm misunderstood when I do say something.

I want everyone to feel welcome here because they are. This is the best forum I've ever had the honor to be a part of. People here truly care.
Old 07-01-2014, 09:48 PM
Founding Member

What is saying is that when we all joined we was considered MIMBER LOVERS, And that hasn't applied to most new members, Due to the fact that most came from FCC and Mike invited you and because of that you weren't labeled as such but as COTEP MEMEBERS, which is a little bias if you ask me, and also some of was here for years before we got smilies and now puff you get one.

I say that no matter you invited you that you are a MIMBER LOVER until X amount of posts are made.

Also he has implied that this once felt like FAMILY, and he doesn't get that vibe, and to be honest most older members don't.

And we have some members that don't post at all, I may be wrong but if you have been here and don't post what are you doing here?

I'm not the type to get offended or hurt feelings but there have been some posts made that really got my goat, but I bit my lip. I'm known for speaking my mind and not caring if it offends any.
Old 07-01-2014, 09:49 PM
Founding Member
Super Moderator

Thanked 3,484 Times in 717 Posts

Pretty pathetic showing for COTEP today, and a sorry way to treat new brothers and sisters
S&W J-Frame .38
ect
" I don't own the clothes I'm wearin', and the road goes on forever "

There's a gator in the bushes, and it's calling my name...
COTEP #523
Old 07-01-2014, 10:25 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

I am sure that I have had my share of getting on peoples nerves on here but I am the type that can get along with anyone. I have met some very nice friends on here since day one and have also just recently met new members whom I feel honored to call my friends. Most of the members on here I will probably never meet in person but that does not matter, I still think of them as part of my extended family.

I was off the forum for about 2 week recently due to some very serious medical problems that I am undergoing tests for. (sucks getting old) Coming back on the forum and talking to you all makes me forget about what is going on and makes it easier to go on with my life.

I just want to let the old members and the new members know that I am good with the forum and the members.

For those that chose to leave in the past all I can say is do not let the door hit you where the good Lord split you!! There have been a few that have not been on in a while, at least I have not seen them on or post but that is OK with me. Life does not revolve around them believe me!!

I have to frequent the other 1911 sites as I monitor the RIA forums as well as the Facebook page. This forum is by far the best with some of the best and most knowledgeable people on here unlike the other forum where some of the know-it-alls, or I should say THINK they know-it-all have the belief that what they say in regards to anything is the way it is. I do not find that on here. I know my fair share in regards to firearms but I really can say I have learned very much from old and new members alike.

Well, I have talked way more than I ever do so let me bow out now!!

We have a great group of guys and gals here and I for one am proud to be included here.

COTEP # CBOB0152
Old 07-01-2014, 10:41 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

First off its nothing against the new members. New members are good. A lot of you contribute and that's great. It's appreciated greatly.
Milkman: I like your videos and I appreciate them, hell I am following you on your YouTube channel.
Dave Waits: you haven't done anything, no worries buddy.
All you that thinks it's you that may have pissed someone off. I'm not actually upset at any one person. It's the fact that someone gets brought in and basically automatically shown as a COTEP MEMBER. Us regular members don't get a chance to get to know anyone before they are brought into the group.
When I thought someone was a good prospect I sent a pm to and said hey check this one out and said what do you think?

You know what, I am in one of those moods tonight I'll just say f*ck it, I'm out. I'm not in the right mind set right now. I am so pissed because of many things right now outside of the forum and also my son told me tonight when he told his mom that he wanted to come to my house and that he loved me she told him that I don't love him and I don't want him. He is constantly being mentally abused and I can't get shit done about it. Screw the system.
Closed Thread