COTEP.org  

Go Back   COTEP.org > Firearms > 1911 Style Pistols > Dan Wesson

Old 01-20-2015, 03:35 PM
COTEP Member

5 years and your on your own! I've owned mine almost a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-20-2015, 03:57 PM
COTEP Member

[QUOTE=aqualungs;99639]5 years and your on your own! I've owned mine almost a year.

A five year warranty? On a near 2K 1911? The Dan Wesson lineup is beautiful, for what they cost I will not tolerate a limited warranty. I wonder why they aren't in line with other gun manufacturers. Now I wonder what Baer, Ed Brown, even Nighthawk offer in warranty service.

"The most basic right that we have emanates from our Creator and it is that unalienable right to life. We stand firmly on the principle that from conception until the last breath is drawn, life is sacred.”

Political Correctness is a doctrine, recently fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end!
Old 01-20-2015, 05:51 PM
COTEP Member

[QUOTE=joe;99640]
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualungs View Post

A five year warranty? On a near 2K 1911? The Dan Wesson lineup is beautiful, for what they cost I will not tolerate a limited warranty. I wonder why they aren't in line with other gun manufacturers. Now I wonder what Baer, Ed Brown, even Nighthawk offer in warranty service.
From Browns website:

Do you have a written warranty on your products?

Yes, we have a lifetime warranty. If you ever need service on your Ed Brown firearm, we are here for you. It doesn't matter what the reason is, how old it is, or whether you are the original owner. We never look for reasons to turn away service calls...if you've got an Ed Brown firearm and you have a problem, we are here to help you.

In addition to the excellent service we offer, effective April 10, 2007, all Ed Brown firearms include a legal written limited lifetime warranty as well. We are the only high end 1911 manufacturer to our knowledge who offers a legal written lifetime warranty on firearms, which demonstrates the confidence we have in our product. Anyone can claim their service is the best (and most do), but to go a step further and put it in writing in a legal warranty is something that Ed Brown Products, Inc. does, and the others avoid.

https://www.youtube.com/user/azqkr

"The mind is the limiting factor"
Old 01-20-2015, 06:30 PM
COTEP Member

Should I have bought a Brown? Lol. I guess the Baers & Browns have this issue too.

Ed Brown
http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=250278

They all eventually point to stainless steel is a soft metal.

Old 01-20-2015, 06:41 PM
COTEP Member

[QUOTE=brownie;99654][QUOTE=joe;99640]

From Browns website:

[U]Do you have a written warranty on your products?

Yes, we have a lifetime warranty. If you ever need service on your Ed Brown firearm, we are here for you. It doesn't matter what the reason is, how old it is, or whether you are the original owner. We never look for reasons to turn away service calls...if you've got an Ed Brown firearm and you have a problem, we are here to help you.

In addition to the excellent service we offer, effective April 10, 2007, all Ed Brown firearms include a legal written limited lifetime warranty as well. We are the only high end 1911 manufacturer to our knowledge who offers a legal written lifetime warranty on firearms, which demonstrates the confidence we have in our product. Anyone can claim their service is the best (and most do), but to go a step further and put it in writing in a legal warranty is something that Ed Brown Products, Inc. does, and the others avoid.

Question is what would Ed Brown do about the peening. They do have the warranty in place forever on the forearm, not even just the original owner.

[QUOTE=aqualungs;99656]Should I have bought a Brown? Lol. I guess the Baers & Browns have this issue too.

Ed Brown

I'm getting the feeling a good set of Arkansas stones are in the future of some 1911's.

"The most basic right that we have emanates from our Creator and it is that unalienable right to life. We stand firmly on the principle that from conception until the last breath is drawn, life is sacred.”

Political Correctness is a doctrine, recently fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end!
Old 01-20-2015, 07:34 PM
Founding Member
Super Moderator

Thanked 3,484 Times in 717 Posts

[QUOTE=joe;99640]
Quote:

Wilson covers their pistols. Forever. Period. Doesn't matter who bought it or how many times it is sold. If it ain't things like springs, or blatent abuse, they cover it
S&W J-Frame .38
ect
" I don't own the clothes I'm wearin', and the road goes on forever "

There's a gator in the bushes, and it's calling my name...
COTEP #523
Old 01-20-2015, 08:19 PM
COTEP Member

[QUOTE=Riverusmc;99668]
Quote:
Originally Posted by milkmanjoe View Post

Wilson covers their pistols. Forever. Period. Doesn't matter who bought it or how many times it is sold. If it ain't things like springs, or blatent abuse, they cover it
Good to know.....I like Wilson Combat.....my wallet hates Wilson Combat....I normally win over my wallet eventually.

Old 01-20-2015, 08:22 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Should I have bought a Brown? Lol. I guess the Baers & Browns have this issue too.

Ed Brown

Ya, interesting read on the link, thanks. Mine's not exhibited the problem. Did you see someone also mentioned the colts s/s not peening as I experienced with several colt s/s guns?

I find that very interesting. Thanks for the link

https://www.youtube.com/user/azqkr

"The mind is the limiting factor"
Old 01-20-2015, 09:41 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownie View Post
Ya, interesting read on the link, thanks. Mine's not exhibited the problem. Did you see someone also mentioned the colts s/s not peening as I experienced with several colt s/s guns?

I find that very interesting. Thanks for the link
That's was me; no peening on any of my 1911's, including three with stainless slides.

Rick

IDPA/NRA Certified Safety Officer/Range S.O.

Last edited by Rick McC.; 01-21-2015 at 10:30 AM.
Old 01-20-2015, 10:35 PM
Founding Member
Super Moderator

I pulled out 4 stainless Dan Wessons and didn't find any peening on any of them.

In hoc signo vinces

If you can list them, you ain't got enough!!!

Life Member NRA, SCI, ATA, NSCA
COTEP 414