COTEP.org  

Go Back   COTEP.org > Main Category > Pulling The Trigger > Range Reports

Old 06-22-2015, 07:48 PM
COTEP Member

Default Cane, stick and draw point knife defense up on you tube

https://www.youtube.com/user/azqkr

"The mind is the limiting factor"
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to brownie For This Useful Post:
edgehill (06-22-2015), milkmanjoe (06-23-2015), pitor (06-22-2015), pony up (06-23-2015), Riverpigusmc (06-22-2015), sdmc530 (06-22-2015), TLE2 (06-22-2015)
Old 06-22-2015, 11:43 PM
COTEP Member

Awesome training, awesome instructor, awesome attendees. Highly recommend to the crowd in here to try this sooner than later. Brownie keeps threatening with retiring.
Old 06-23-2015, 09:25 AM
COTEP Member

Thanks for the thoughts pitor,

Old 06-23-2015, 10:28 AM
COTEP Member

I concur, awesome. The ballet of self defense. Eye opening. Life saving competence is learned thru practice of proper techniques. Without the techniques luck is ones only hope. Not a plan that works. Thank you for sharing, Brownie. I need to get there for classes. Old guys with challenges need all the "tricks" as we are unable targets.
NRA Life Member

I stand for the flag, I kneel for the fallen!

The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.
Old 06-23-2015, 10:43 AM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pony up View Post
I concur, awesome. The ballet of self defense. Eye opening. Life saving competence is learned thru practice of proper techniques. Without the techniques luck is ones only hope. Not a plan that works. Thank you for sharing, Brownie. I need to get there for classes. Old guys with challenges need all the "tricks" as we are unable targets.
I like that, may I use it if attributed to you in postings and courses?

The more tools one knows how to use defensively, the better. I've given people ambi capability in 10 hours of double stick training without their even knowing it, until I asked them to drop the strong side stick and use only their off side arm/hand..

I fly with the cane, and a kubaton [ another very effective up close and personal implement ]. The cane is an "unconventional" weapon that one can have with them in non permissive environments [ NPE's ].

Appreciate your thoughts as well sir.

Old 06-23-2015, 11:34 AM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownie View Post
I like that, may I use it if attributed to you in postings and courses?

The more tools one knows how to use defensively, the better. I've given people ambi capability in 10 hours of double stick training without their even knowing it, until I asked them to drop the strong side stick and use only their off side arm/hand..

I fly with the cane, and a kubaton [ another very effective up close and personal implement ]. The cane is an "unconventional" weapon that one can have with them in non permissive environments [ NPE's ].

Appreciate your thoughts as well sir.
So true that! First time I attended your class I had a serious handicap on the weak arm, but the second time I really took advantage of it and I thank you for giving use to the weak hand/arm. Shooting was not a problem, but movement coordination was. I have a lot to thank your classes for. Such a shame I had to miss this one!

Not the cane class.... You wouldn't see me with a cane even if the doctor prescribe it
"The two worst strategic mistakes to make are acting prematurely and letting an opportunity slip; to avoid this, the warrior treats each situation as if it were unique and never resorts to formulae, recipes or other people's opinions."
COTEP#CBOB0760
Old 06-23-2015, 12:37 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbie View Post
So true that! First time I attended your class I had a serious handicap on the weak arm, but the second time I really took advantage of it and I thank you for giving use to the weak hand/arm. Shooting was not a problem, but movement coordination was. I have a lot to thank your classes for. Such a shame I had to miss this one!

Not the cane class.... You wouldn't see me with a cane even if the doctor prescribe it
You're welcome young lady, glad to have helped you discover that "other" arm of yours.

Old 06-23-2015, 01:03 PM
COTEP Member

I must say, I'm impressed. That looks like a weekend of incredibly useful training. I guess the difficult part is keeping those skills sharp when you're back home and without a sparring partner. How do y'all practice on your own?
Old 06-23-2015, 02:30 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GD2A View Post
I must say, I'm impressed. That looks like a weekend of incredibly useful training. I guess the difficult part is keeping those skills sharp when you're back home and without a sparring partner. How do y'all practice on your own?
That's the bad part when you don't have a sparring partner or a group to practice... Except for this year, I've been able to get together on this or similar classes at least once or twice per year.

Brownie overwhelms you in the weekend so you take home a couple of techniques/movements, or more than a couple if you have previous training. At this pace, I hope he keeps in the business 15 more years........
"The two worst strategic mistakes to make are acting prematurely and letting an opportunity slip; to avoid this, the warrior treats each situation as if it were unique and never resorts to formulae, recipes or other people's opinions."
COTEP#CBOB0760
Old 06-23-2015, 02:46 PM
COTEP Member

If you can bring me up to speed on the basics, I'd join you for some sparring.