COTEP.org  

Go Back   COTEP.org > Main Category > Product Reviews

Old 02-08-2012, 09:32 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Default Fusion Arms

Has anyone shot or owned any of the Fusion Arms 1911's? All of the reviews seem to be older reviews more than a couple of years old. The guns "look" good on the website and he does have a lot of caliber offerings as well as choices for everything else.
Thanks
Old 02-08-2012, 10:25 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Oh hell. Lol. Talk to Alan, also known as Hail Caesar. He will give you his experience. Or just look at his signature line, friends don't let friends shoot fusion's.
Old 02-08-2012, 10:32 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Thanks! I appreciate it!
Old 02-08-2012, 10:50 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglas_knott View Post
Oh hell. Lol. Talk to Alan, also known as Hail Caesar. He will give you his experience. Or just look at his signature line, friends don't let friends shoot fusion's.
I totally disagree. My experience with Fusion was a very good one. They were great to deal with, and I got a top notch custom Commander size gun. It is by far one of my best shooters,along with my DW CCO. I would definately custom order another one. I LOVE my fusion.
Old 02-08-2012, 11:39 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Another one with a good experience with Fusion. I bought my Fusion Scout XL on GB for a steal of a price and have since made it my own. I added a fusion chainlink mainspring housing with magwell, 10-8 rear sight with XS front night sight, and sent it back to fusion to have the top of the slide serrated and re-ion bonded as well as the barrel crowned. My favorite 1911 even over my 3 Dan Wessons......not by much though.

Sent from my ATRIX using Tapatalk
Old 02-08-2012, 12:05 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

thanks, that helps! I'm looking for a Commander size as a CCW. I also have a VBOB black on order (no one here carries DW's or even LB's in stock so all have to be ordered unless you use one of the auctions)
Old 02-08-2012, 01:27 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

I have looked at buying one for awhile and it seems to be a love or hate thing.It seems all good on the other forum but I talked to a couple of members by PM because they didn't feel comfortable saying anything in public.If you get a good one you get a hell of a gun for the money but if you get a bad one good luck.I haven't been able to overcome that in my mind.Ordered what I wanted from the Springfield Custom shop even though it's a year wait and $1000.00 more.
cotep #458
Old 02-08-2012, 01:49 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

I wanted to add that it is certainly a love/hate thing with Fusion but one thing I know for sure, I wouldn't drop $2k on one and then wait 9 months for it.
Old 02-08-2012, 02:11 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

and that's the issue I have. Gunbroker has 3 listed (NIB) today, but . . . . I've gotten the same feeling from others. I've never shot or held one but I know the DW's and a friend's Les Baer and NH Custom.
Old 02-08-2012, 03:05 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deldago View Post
I have looked at buying one for awhile and it seems to be a love or hate thing.It seems all good on the other forum but I talked to a couple of members by PM because they didn't feel comfortable saying anything in public.If you get a good one you get a hell of a gun for the money but if you get a bad one good luck.I haven't been able to overcome that in my mind.Ordered what I wanted from the Springfield Custom shop even though it's a year wait and $1000.00 more.
My understanding with the "other forum" is that less than favorable posts are deleted by the moderators. I like my Fusion (bought used) so far. We'll see after I get it back from Robar, how well it shoots. Fusion builds guns to order and sells kits. After I bought my Fusion, I called them and Bob (CEO) answered the phone and was helpful. Two months ago, I sent a letter to the CEO of Colt and he couldn't be bothered acknowledging the letter. Colt has had my pistol for over ten months, for a 4-6 month tactical package. Guess who I would do business with again.

I certainly agree that "If you get a good one you get a hell of a gun for the money but if you get a bad one good luck." This has been my experience with most things in life. You could pay a $1000 more at the Springfield Custom Shop and still get a lemon. Here is hoping that your Springfield, and my Colt, if I ever get it back, are everything we want them to be. cowboycowboy
NRA Member
:stand:

Last edited by MajO; 02-08-2012 at 07:24 PM.