COTEP.org  

Go Back   COTEP.org > Main Category > News and Politics

Old 02-20-2018, 09:17 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Thanked 1,547 Times in 465 Posts
Unhappy President Trump has caved? I hope He reverses His stance on this!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/tr...Gfk?li=BBnb7Kz
President Trump Has been known to change His mind. I Hope He DOES on this! THIS is not good!
Thomas Jefferson
“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.” Thomas Jefferson
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dw1911 For This Useful Post:
Caleb (02-20-2018), FfNJGTFO (02-20-2018), MajO (02-20-2018), sdmc530 (02-20-2018)
Old 02-20-2018, 09:26 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Thanked 2,788 Times in 731 Posts

I am not sure what is going on with this. He certainly probably surprised a few people with this thought change.
Old 02-20-2018, 09:52 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdmc530 View Post
I am not sure what is going on with this. He certainly probably surprised a few people with this thought change.
It could be a tactic to keep the left quiet. He directs the AG to "look into it." The AG looks into it, decides "nothing we can do about it..." and, by then, the hysteria has died down....

We'll see....
Old 02-20-2018, 09:58 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Default Bad times.

Please make no mistake. The left is pulling out all stops. Bump stocks are the least of it. If they get their way ARs and magazines over 10 rounds will be gone. California and New Jersey lunacy will be the law of the land.
NRA Member
:stand:
Old 02-20-2018, 11:10 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Thanked 2,788 Times in 731 Posts

Yeah if he is saying let’s give in on the b stocks and then they will back down that is very wrong. This is a very slippery slope imo. Don’t give in cm on 2nd amendment rights.
Old 02-20-2018, 11:25 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajO View Post
Please make no mistake. The left is pulling out all stops. Bump stocks are the least of it. If they get their way ARs and magazines over 10 rounds will be gone. California and New Jersey lunacy will be the law of the land.
I just feel the need to rant a bit, and your post finally made me decide to articulate it.

I certainly don't want to start an argument, and I am not singling you out, so please do not take this as a personal attack.

Shame on us.

We, the gun community say this EVERY time some jackass gets a wild hair up his ass and starts shooting things.

Then we run to the local gun store, buy yet another gun, of course, our friendly gun store has jacked the price up to the preferred mass shooting jacked up panic buy levels.

You know, "just in case they decide to ban them."

Then, we post on our forums, linking stories to the daily random Hollywood assclown that takes some time from committing one or more sexual assaults on men, women, puppydogs, and the odd cactus in the comfort of their walled estate patrolled by armed guards, to tell us his/her views on gun control.

Congratulations... WE are giving them publicity. We spread the stories almost as fast as the libtards do when Trump posts a twitter that gets CNN's crotchless, assless chaps in a twist.

Bonus round, then the "conspiracy theorist posters" come out of the woodwork, linking obscure clickbait stories to websites that could best be described as "It isn't really paranoia if they really are after you..."

Come on folks, every time this happens we sound like butt hurt liberals after Hillary lost a rigged election.

Trump asked his AG to look into it. "Looking into" something does not mean they are going to do it.

Lets take a moment and look at this rationally for a moment.

They could put them on the NFA registry, and require everyone who owns one to fill out a Form1 or Form4 them and buy a tax stamp.......

Ever notice that they haven't added any new categories to the NFA firearms (Title II) registry since 1934? Same old silencers, SBRs, SBSs, and Machine Guns.

So unless this compels them to rewrite the NFA, or perhaps classify it as a AOW or DD, the bump fire stocks would probably be classified as a machine gun, especially since that is what the Brain trust of the media would have us believe.

The moment, that law goes into effect, every bump stock out there is a non registered NFA item.

That means they would have to declare an amnesty, and the ATF hates that.

All I can say is if they do, my mortgage payment that month will probably be spent on $200 tax stamps.....

So they ban them and they can't be sold any more. What about the ones already out there? How would they confiscate them? Who has them? How many have been sold? They could spend years and millions of dollars and not get a fraction of them.

Write or call your congressman. Write or call your elected representatives. Support whatever pro-gun organization you choose.

Stop feeding the trolls. In this case, the media IS the troll.

We do this every time folks, and nothing ever happens.

All of this panic is beneath us...

Stepping off of my soap box, and into the flame retardant suit....

To speak without thinking is to shoot without aiming.
Old 02-20-2018, 11:26 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdmc530 View Post
Yeah if he is saying let’s give in on the b stocks and then they will back down that is very wrong. This is a very slippery slope imo. Don’t give in cm on 2nd amendment rights.
I absolutely agree. Like I said, I hope it's a diffusionary tactic. We can't give the antis one inch.... not one..
Old 02-20-2018, 11:34 PM
COTEP Member

One of my old representatives tried to pull a fast one and use a procedural trick to bring an assault rifle ban bill to vote. He got shot down 36-71. I gotta make some thank you and support calls tomorrow.

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2018/02/20...florida-house/

TALLAHASSEE (CBSMiami/NSF) — Less than a week after a gunman used a semiautomatic rifle to kill 17 people at Marjory Stoneman las High School in Parkland, the Florida House on Tuesday turned down an attempt to take up a bill designed to prevent the sale and possession of “assault” weapons.

“The next death of someone with an assault rifle, here in Florida, is going to be on them,” said Marjory Stoneman las High student, Sheryl Acquarola, who was there during the vote and was seen breaking out in tears when the vote came in.

The bill (HB 219) was filed in October but has not been heard in House committees.

Rep. Kionne McGhee, D-Miami, used an unusual procedural move Tuesday to try to pull the bill out of committee and hear it on the House floor. He said the move stemmed from the shooting at Marjory Stoneman las High, a massacre that has refueled a national debate about gun control.

The House did not debate the merits of the bill because McGhee’s motion involved a procedural issue. The motion failed by a 36-71 vote.

The South Florida representatives that voted against considering an assault weapon ban were: Jose Oliva, Jeanette Nunez, Holly Raschein, Daniel Perez, Michael Bileca, Bryan Avilla, Carlos Trujillo, and Manny Diaz Jr.

Nikolas Cruz, who has confessed to the school massacre, used an AR-15 rifle, a type of weapon that would be covered under the bill.

A Senate version of the bill (SB 196), filed by Sen. Linda Stewart, D-Orlando, also has not been heard in committees.

Meantime, a Florida Senate committee has endorsed a proposal to put law enforcement officers in every school in the state.

Only slightly more than half of Florida’s more than 4,000 public schools have the resource officers. They are sworn law-enforcement officers and allowed to carry a weapon on a school campus.

The Senate Education Committee voted Tuesday to include the requirement in a sweeping education bill that is now moving through the legislature.

The proposal is expected to also be part of a comprehensive gun bill that Senate Republicans plan to release later this week. GOP leaders drafted the legislation in response to the high school massacre.
Old 02-21-2018, 01:37 PM
COTEP Member

Thanked 1,137 Times in 254 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFJuvat View Post
I just feel the need to rant a bit, and your post finally made me decide to articulate it.

I certainly don't want to start an argument, and I am not singling you out, so please do not take this as a personal attack.

Shame on us.

We, the gun community say this EVERY time some jackass gets a wild hair up his ass and starts shooting things.

Then we run to the local gun store, buy yet another gun, of course, our friendly gun store has jacked the price up to the preferred mass shooting jacked up panic buy levels.

You know, "just in case they decide to ban them."

Then, we post on our forums, linking stories to the daily random Hollywood assclown that takes some time from committing one or more sexual assaults on men, women, puppydogs, and the odd cactus in the comfort of their walled estate patrolled by armed guards, to tell us his/her views on gun control.

Congratulations... WE are giving them publicity. We spread the stories almost as fast as the libtards do when Trump posts a twitter that gets CNN's crotchless, assless chaps in a twist.

Bonus round, then the "conspiracy theorist posters" come out of the woodwork, linking obscure clickbait stories to websites that could best be described as "It isn't really paranoia if they really are after you..."

Come on folks, every time this happens we sound like butt hurt liberals after Hillary lost a rigged election.

Trump asked his AG to look into it. "Looking into" something does not mean they are going to do it.

Lets take a moment and look at this rationally for a moment.

They could put them on the NFA registry, and require everyone who owns one to fill out a Form1 or Form4 them and buy a tax stamp.......

Ever notice that they haven't added any new categories to the NFA firearms (Title II) registry since 1934? Same old silencers, SBRs, SBSs, and Machine Guns.

So unless this compels them to rewrite the NFA, or perhaps classify it as a AOW or DD, the bump fire stocks would probably be classified as a machine gun, especially since that is what the Brain trust of the media would have us believe.

The moment, that law goes into effect, every bump stock out there is a non registered NFA item.

That means they would have to declare an amnesty, and the ATF hates that.

All I can say is if they do, my mortgage payment that month will probably be spent on $200 tax stamps.....

So they ban them and they can't be sold any more. What about the ones already out there? How would they confiscate them? Who has them? How many have been sold? They could spend years and millions of dollars and not get a fraction of them.

Write or call your congressman. Write or call your elected representatives. Support whatever pro-gun organization you choose.

Stop feeding the trolls. In this case, the media IS the troll.

We do this every time folks, and nothing ever happens.

All of this panic is beneath us...

Stepping off of my soap box, and into the flame retardant suit....

Well said, I think we are all guilty of jumping on the bandwagon here or there.
Old 02-21-2018, 11:59 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Thanked 1,547 Times in 465 Posts

One thing is for sure. We can not let what Potus Trump said go ignored.
We can Hope it is only a "tactic", and he does not mean to do anything, but ANY Ban is too much! After all, Trump said MANY times since He began running and since elected, He said He will Protect The 2nd Amendment! He promised it!
All We can do is what we always do, Contact Reps, Contact The White House!
Tell them We Do Not Accept This! We will not comply either!
The Anti Gun People can not get their collective feet in the door! Period!
Thomas Jefferson
“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.” Thomas Jefferson