COTEP.org  

Go Back   COTEP.org > Firearms > Other Semiauto Pistols

Old 12-07-2012, 02:30 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Default FN five seveN

Ok, I know...it's plastic! It also is an FN five seveN and goes with my FN SCAR 17S......57x28.....20 rds.

And here's the 2 together. I haven't had it to the range yet, but I will soon as my ammo order comes in.

Old 12-07-2012, 02:57 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Thanked 1,292 Times in 337 Posts

Congratulations
Old 12-07-2012, 09:42 PM
Founding Member

I've had my eye on the FN 5.7 for a while now, just hadn't pull the trigger on it yet.

Hey nothing wrong with tupperware guns, no matter what the 's may say.
Old 12-07-2012, 10:50 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

I had a 5.7 for carry almost two years. I like them a lot. with an AR-57 upper, it makes a great platform gun.
Old 12-07-2012, 11:47 PM
Founding Member
Super Moderator

I have had a 57 and PS90 for several years and love them. Ron if you need some help with it let me know. Ammo is dry right now. I can spot you some if you need. You are getting hooked. The first ones free............

In hoc signo vinces

If you can list them, you ain't got enough!!!

Life Member NRA, SCI, ATA, NSCA
COTEP 414
Old 12-08-2012, 12:06 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Ron, you need to get some of those 10 round mag extensions so you can have 30+1. You won't be undergunned and probably wouldn't have to make a reload.

My boss at the shooting range is a retired state trooper. He is a VERY accomplished shooter with rifles, shotguns, pistols (especially 1911s), and revolvers. He has 3 or 4 certificates on the wall verifying shooting records he's broken. All that said to make this point...he switched over to carrying a 5.7 pistol (with the 10 round mag extension) all the time, unless he REALLY has to conceal a pistol, then he packs a Springfield Armory XDs.

You've got a really good pistol/cartridge combo. Enjoy it.

Oh yeah, on the ammo, is right. Ammo is scarce. We carry the FN branded ammo and Federal American Eagle flavor. My boss called in some favors and got reloading dies for his. If you need any info on that, let me know.

Government name- Terry
Old 12-08-2012, 12:11 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoss in IL View Post
Ron, you need to get some of those 10 round mag extensions so you can have 30+1. You won't be undergunned and probably wouldn't have to make a reload.

My boss at the shooting range is a retired state trooper. He is a VERY accomplished shooter with rifles, shotguns, pistols (especially 1911s), and revolvers. He has 3 or 4 certificates on the wall verifying shooting records he's broken. All that said to make this point...he switched over to carrying a 5.7 pistol (with the 10 round mag extension) all the time, unless he REALLY has to conceal a pistol, then he packs a Springfield Armory XDs.

Oh yeah, on the ammo, is right. Ammo is scarce. We carry the FN branded ammo and Federal American Eagle flavor. My boss called in some favors and got reloading dies for his. If you need any info on that, let me know.
american eagle flavor? i did not realize they made ammo now.
for reference the stock magazine springs will work with 2 10 round extensions, yes 3 40 round mags
Old 12-08-2012, 12:17 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Government name- Terry
Old 12-08-2012, 07:05 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Wow, a lot of great information from you guys! I will look into the 10 rd extensions. I managed to get my LGS to order me 500 rds of ammo and its supposed to be in next week. Where he found it I don't know. The gun is really light weight, compared to my USP. From just reading about the 5.7 round it's quite a bad boy. Looking forward to shooting it and I've thought about carrying it too but haven't looked for a holster yet. I was lucky to get it only because my LGS had it ordered for a guy and the guy backed out. I had convinced LGS to call me when he gets unusual guns in. I bought a Coonan a while back from him too. He's been ok on pricing so that's a good thing.
Thanks for all the info. I think it'll make a great addition and a match to the SCAR!
Old 12-08-2012, 09:50 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Looking good Ron!!

COTEP # CBOB0152