COTEP.org  

Go Back   COTEP.org > Main Category > News and Politics

Old 10-01-2013, 05:45 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Default Obama takes NRA advice

Obama, Holder Take NRA Advice & Place Good Guys with Guns in Schools

Washington DC - -(Ammoland.com)- CNN reports that President Obama is “putting millions of dollars into funding armed police officers in schools around the country, an idea not far removed from a National Rifle Association proposal.”

According to CNN, on September 27 the DOJ announced $45 million in funding meant to “create 356 new school resource officer positions.”

The $45 million will be distributed in the form of Community Oriented Policing Services (COPS) grants. One of the earliest grants will be to Newtown, Connecticut, to create two new officers for Newtown schools.

In a statement corresponding with the announcement of COPS grants, Attorney General Eric Holder said, “In the wake of past tragedies, it’s clear that we need to be willing to take all possible steps to ensure that our kids are safe when they go to school.”

On December 21st—eight days after the heinous crime at Sandy Hook Elementary—NRA executive director Wayne LaPierre put forth the need for a stronger armed presence in schools.

He pointed out that we “protect our banks… airports, office buildings, power plants, [and] sports stadiums” with “armed security,” yet leave our kids unprotected in gun free zones.

He said this situation needs to change, adding: “The only things that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun.” Obama’s new funding will put more good guys with guns in schools.

Read more at: http://www.ammoland.com/2013/09/obam...eV102V<br%20/>
The Following User Says Thank You to Roverron For This Useful Post:
dw1911 (10-03-2013)
Old 10-01-2013, 08:53 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Unless it is strictly for police officers it is something that as a retiree I just might check into. Of course I am sure that they will want you to be younger than 59 though!!

COTEP # CBOB0152
Old 10-01-2013, 09:28 AM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoMag View Post
Unless it is strictly for police officers it is something that as a retiree I just might check into. Of course I am sure that they will want you to be younger than 59 though!!
Just showing up with an would be deterrent enough.

Good judgment comes from experience, and most of that comes from bad judgment.

If you find yourself in a hole, the first thing to do is stop digging.
Old 10-01-2013, 09:03 PM
Founding Member
Admimberistrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoMag View Post
I hope it's people like you John and not police officers. We all know the schools will totally abuse the new resource. Every little squabble or simple act of disobedience will turn into "Go get the COP". There will be a lot more juvi records for kids making their pop tarts into guns or wearing inappropriate t-shirts. It really needs to be a group that is not law enforcement. Most petty crap that kids do in school should be dealt with by the school with detentions not by the police with criminal charges and restraining orders.
Old 10-03-2013, 11:43 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Thanked 1,547 Times in 465 Posts

The NRA was Right? They'll NEVER admit it! But We ARE Right on this one.
Volunteers can easliy be assigned. At no cost to taxpayers either!
TRAINED Good Guys.
Thomas Jefferson
“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.” Thomas Jefferson